Events and Special Projects Intern
Cook N Scribble
Based on the 19th century American Chautauqua movement, LongHouse Food Writers Revivals are a series of annual gatherings of thought leaders across the United States. The Revivals are designed to stretch the boundaries of how food stories are told, raise the bar on the nation’s food news agenda and, most of all, foster the community between generations, regions, cultures and media platforms that support innovative work of the highest quality. The first Revival took place in September, 2012 in Rensselaerville, NY.
The 2013 season will include three LongHouse “Salon” events across the country, culminating with our landmark LongHouse Food Writers Revival in Rensselaerville, NY in September, 2013. All events are intimate and engaging gatherings of food media creators and thought leaders, and feature original multimedia content, exceptional feasts and renowned speakers.
Intern will assist in all aspects of event production for the LongHouse 2013 season, from general organization and logistics to content research and creation, web management, communications, public relations, and more. This is a fast-paced, immersive internship which offers participation at all levels of event production and the chance to work directly with event producers and content creators.
Candidate should love food, food stories and food people, have a serious interest in event production, be computer savvy, intrepid, hardworking, extremely organized, self-motivated and fun.
This is a four-month, unpaid internship for immediate hire. Intern should expect to work 10-20 hours per week, with additional work in the immediate weeks leading up to events. The internship offers participation in the September 2013 LongHouse Food Writers Revival in Rensselaerville, NY, printed acknowledgement at all 2013 events, and the possibility of growing into a paying position in a fast-growing, forward-looking team of producers and content creators.
- Assist event producer in planning all aspects of LongHouse 2013 season, including logistics, communicating with staff at event site, responding to emails, researching event details, scheduling, planning meals, etc.
- Coordinating with LongHouse producers and staff to quickly complete a wide variety of projects related to LongHouse events and programming.
- Help maintain project plans to keep event planning running on schedule.
- Working on the LongHouse website and social media to publicize events, design blog posts and newsletters, manage content flow, etc.
- Work on public relations through social media, press releases, email, and media outlets.
- Involvement in LongHouse content creation, including writing, editing and research.
- love of food, event planning and multimedia storytelling
- familiarity with food events
- great computer skills
- excellent writing skills
- ability to work on a deadline and willingness to go the extra mile to get projects completed quickly
- extremely organized
- willing to speak professionally on the phone and in person to a wide variety of people involved with the event
- loves working with a fun, creative, imaginative team and being part of a close-knit, growing food media company
Candidates based in New York City preferred, though not required.
To apply, please email short cover letter in body of email with attached resume.