Farmers Market Manager Hope Street Farmers Market Association...
The Hope Street Farmers Market Association is hiring a market manager to run its Saturday and Wednesday markets for the 2013 season and beyond. The market is held at Lippitt Park in Providence. It currently has 33 vendors and is one of the busiest markets in the state. This is a part time year-round job. The market manager reports to the Board of Directors.
The market manager is responsible for the day to day running of the Hope Street Farmers Market during the season and for the administrative work for the months before and after the market season. An abbreviated list of duties include:
- Manage vendors, community groups and entertainment at weekly Saturday and Wednesday markets. Staff the customer informational booth on both days.
- Manage market budget and record keeping, collect market fees, report to the Treasurer.
- Work with the Board to continue developing the market; may include some fund raising.
- Manage public relations, marketing amd outreach; work with the Parks Department, the City of Providence, and other community groups.
- Communicate bi-weekly with customers through email; communicate weekly with vendors.
- Collect vendor applications; work with the application committee.
COMPENSATION: $18,000 year - no benefits
Compensation this position is PAID
How to apply
This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Deadline November 23, 2012