Plant Manager American Vegetable Soybean & Edamame, In...
American Vegetable Soybean & Edamame, Inc. (“AVSE”) is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Plant Manager in their new soybean processing plant. This person must have a proven, successful, track record in managing food production in accordance with FDA regulations, GMP, and must be experienced and/or certified in HACCP. Experience with USDA, BRC, ISO, and/or SQF standards is a strong plus. He or she must be team oriented, be able to carry out their duties independently but be flexible in their job duties as the position requires. The Plant Manager will manage all aspects of plant operations, supervising the production, QA, and maintenance teams, and will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that the plant operates smoothly and remains compliant with all relevant food safety regulations and certifications. The Plant Manager will report to the President and CFO of AVSE.
Plant Manager Job Duties:
- Be responsible for all aspects of plant operations, supervising the production, QA, and maintenance teams.
- Recruit, select, orient, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel, and discipline employees. Enforce policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain budgetary goals and continuously improve the efficiency and profitability of plant operations.
- Maintain compliance with food safety procedures and certifications. Ensure guidelines are in place and met.
- Troubleshoot and solve plant operations issues as they arise.
- Monitor the production processes and work with Production Managers to adjust schedules as needed.
- Collaborate with other members of the management team to develop, improve and implement production, quality assurance, and maintenance protocols.
- Continually update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in production; participating in educational opportunities; reading pertinent publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Strive to maintain training and updates on processing and related technologies.
- Manage and administer performance review(s) of supervised employees.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedures for all production operations.
- Take ultimate responsibility that products produced are on time and are of excellent quality.
Qualifications: A B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Food Production, or related field OR equivalent experience in food plant management is required. Must have a proven, successful, track record in managing food production in accordance with FDA regulations, GMP, and must be experienced and/or certified in HACCP.
Experience with USDA, BRC, ISO, and/or SQF standards is a strong plus.
Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point) required.
Salary and benefit packages will be competitive for a position of this nature and level.
Please send a resume and three letters of reference to: Human Resources Manager
Compensation this position is PAID
How to apply
This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Deadline no deadline