Cheesemonger The Cheese Shop of Salem
- Date Posted June 28, 2017
- Location Salem, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
We are a new, small independent business with big dreams, and we are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our team and help us achieve our goals! Located in historic downtown Salem, our shop features an extensive cut-to-order cheese selection, a boutique wine section, and a vast assortment of delicious charcuterie and grocery items.
Our primary mission is to share our love of food with our community. We have great respect for the hardworking artisans who craft the products we sell. We are especially committed to food and wine that is made with integrity, according to traditional methods, by individuals with whom we have relationships. Above all else, we are educators - we embrace the inherent complexities of cheese and wine, but strive to take the intimidation factor out of it.
We work hard, laugh often, and taste constantly!Job Description
We are looking for a full-time cheesemonger to join us behind our cheese counter! We sell our cheeses and cured meats cut-to-order, and these products require daily care. We receive frequent deliveries, prepare grilled cheese sandwiches, assemble platters and gift baskets, and maintain a beautifully merchandised store. More than anything, we believe in offering the highest level of service - we treat our customers like royalty, and strive to make people happy the moment they set foot in our store. This position includes all of the aforementioned tasks. Join our team and enter the fascinating world of cheese - we guarantee youll taste more than you ever imagined!
- Sell, cut, and wrap cheeses and charcuterie
- Provide customers with service that is efficient, patient and friendly
- Care for cheeses and cured meats
- Maintain clean, organized, well-merchandised cases
- Receive deliveries and manage inventory
- Maintain sanitary, food-safe workspace
- Ability to be on your feet all day
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Availability for weekend and evening hours
- Attention to detail
- A positive attitude and the desire to learn
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline