Test Cook Purple Carrot
- Date Posted June 28, 2017
- Location Needham, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
We’re looking for an all-star Test Cook to join our Culinary team. The ideal candidate is passionate about plant-based food. In this role you’ll be responsible for developing and testing recipes each week that align with the mission of the company, are suitable for shipment and appropriate for the home cook, and fall within defined cost and time constraints. The ideal candidate is ambitious, creative, and proactive– you are excited to work in a fast paced environment and work well autonomously. This role requires organization and attention to detail. Strong writing, copywriting, and editing skills preferred.
- Develop and test 10 -15 recipes each week that align with the overall ethos of the company, are suitable for shipment and appropriate for the home cook, and fall within defined cost and time constraints.
- Refine and optimize the recipes you test, as well as recipes shared with the company by outside chefs, bloggers, and cookbook authors.
- Adhere to recipe testing practices including detailed preparation and cooking notes, photography, and accurate measurements for all ingredients per our requirements.
- Follow internal process operating guides for product development to ensure communication is documented for the team and status updates.
- Edit and copywriting already developed recipes.
- Prepare and execute daily shopping lists.
- Maintain ownership of the test kitchen, ensuring that it is well stocked and clean for daily use, recipe testing, and photography.
- Minimum 3 years culinary experience
- Culinary Arts, Nutrition, or Food Science degree
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- An eye for detail and comfortable with writing and editing
- Knowledgeable about plant-based food trends and products
- Genuinely inspired and excited by our mission
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental, and life), stock options in a fast-growing start up, an unlimited vacation policy, and a positive environment, working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, you’ll always get to taste what our test kitchen is cooking up!
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline