Food and Beverage Manager Hotel Vermont
- Date Posted July 10, 2017
- Location Burlington, VT
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Do you like connecting with others? Are you passionate about Vermont winters? And springs, summers, and autumns? We can't wait to hear your answers.
Must be creative with a passion for food and drink and a strong commitment to highest quality local and regional products, proven organizational skills, experience with inventory and cost control systems. Natural ability to nurture a thoughtful and professional service culture.
To schedule an interview go to workathotelvt.com Job Description FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for all aspects of service delivery in Juniper as well as banquets and events. He/she provides leadership and coordinates all activities in restaurant during the daily shifts. The Food & Beverage Manager interacts with restaurant guests, team members and other departments, always ensuring that every guest will have a memorable dining or bar experience. He/she is also responsible for the Banquet Supervisor to coordinate event needs, scheduling and assuring service delivery to be consistent with hotel standards. He/she is responsible for inventory controls and ordering of all beverages for the hotel and restaurant, as well end responsible for the beverage cost.
The Food & Beverage Manager is well connected in the local food and beverage community and understands what farm, and bar, to table really represents.
The Food and Beverage Service Manager has a passion for the developing a diverse beverage menu, including local ingredient based cocktails using Vermont distilled products, a curated local craft beer offering with a focus on small, less known and growing craft breweries as well as a wine list with 20-25 primarily organically grown, when possible based on natural yeasts from the grapes, grown and produced by small family businesses around the globe.
Included in the job duties are:
• Manages and supports breakfast, lunch, and dinner shifts.
• Focuses on floor services standards and guest relations.
• Focuses on daily closing numbers of the restaurant and bar.
• Develops beverage menus together with bar tenders consistent with the values of Hotel Vermont (see above specifics regarding cocktails, beer and wine)
• Maintains inventories and cost controls, including menu costing and pricing of all beverages
• Responsible for all reporting and training in Micros POS
• Establishes and maintains vendor relationships with an emphasis on building partnerships with small, high quality producers that enhance the quality image of the hotel and the food and beverage offering
• Works closely with the morning and evening Restaurant Supervisors, Executive Chef, Banquet Supervisor and General Manager.
• Trains and coaches team members using adult learning models, exploring together to discover and improve products and services
• Promotes a culture of shared responsibility
• Creates and implements programs to create new business.
• Upholds and monitors all brand standards in the F&B operation.
• Ensures daily pre-shift meetings are conducted as well as weekly Food and Beverage Meeting, and monthly full department meetings.
• Communicates effectively with guests, team members and other departments.
• Assists in maintaining budgets and forecasts regarding sales, food, liquor, operating items and payroll.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of current Food and Beverage Management experience in a high pace restaurant and bar environment. Must have restaurant floor supervisory experience and bar supervisory experience as well as service training experience.
Previous purchasing and inventory experience is a plus.
Certification as wine professional or sommelier.
Must have advanced knowledge in food, spirits, wines and general beverage service; this is defined as being able to develop creative, meaningful menus that reflect the quality of the hotel and Vermont and place Juniper at the top 10 of bars in the Chittenden County market.
Must have strong positive leadership skills and the ability to motivate people to deliver memorable service as well as manage a large staff including Managers.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and possesses current computer literacy, including a restaurant reservation system and POS system. Micros experience is a plus.
Is able to meet deadlines, work under pressure, handle multiple tasks and work independently.
Experience in hiring, training and developing service-oriented staff for all positions in the restaurant is preferred.
Must be able to work flexible long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Previous hotel work experience is a plus. Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply