Cherry Grove Farm is a grass-based dairy, grazing on 240 certified organic acres in Central New Jersey, just outside of Princeton. A sustainable approach is taken to managing pastures and all animal husbandry. With the milk of our small herd, we work hard to turn it all into the tastiest cheese possible 4 -5 times a week, and this is where we need your help. We are seeking a cheese room assistant to start immediately.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate (or candidates) to assist the cheesemakers in the make room, help care for cheese in the aging rooms (affinage), and help pack and deliver cheeses to our wholesale customers. The job requires someone who is energetic, diligent and attentive to details. Cheese/culinary experience is a plus but not required. You should be able to lift 60lbs and be comfortable bending/stooping and/or reaching over your head. Availability on Wednesdays and at least one weekend day is preferred. Looking to hire asap.
- Assist with cheese making.
- General maintenance and upkeep of equipment and make room.
- Help with daily, weekly and monthly cleaning and sanitation tasks.
- Help care for cheeses in the aging room: this could mean washing cheese, vacuumming, brushing and turning wheels. Your goal will be to keep a close eye on the caves so ultimately we have a more consistent, higher quality and hopefully higher value product.
- Make sure, in collaboration with Cheesemakers, that every batch is tasted for quality control.
- Help to pick product and pack orders every Tuesday.
- Assist with Wednesday deliveries.
- Help to craft the weekly availability newsletter to send to wholesale clients.
- Attend the occasional in-store demo, event or trade show to promote Cherry Grove Farm products and mission.
this position is PAID: hourly, under $15/hr
How to apply
This job expired on September 24, 2017