Sous Chef Delaware North
- Date Posted July 15, 2017
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Job Description Our Exciting Work Environment
Since TD Garden opened in 1995, more than 30 million people have come to see the arena’s famous tenants, the NHL’s Boston Bruins and NBA’s Boston Celtics, as well as world-renowned concerts, sporting events, family shows, wrestling, ice shows and so much more. Home to approximately 200 public events annually, TD Garden hosts well over 3.5 million people each year.
The state-of-the-art TD Garden is a year-round, 19,600-seat arena, fully equipped with three private restaurants, 104 executive suites, 2,400 club seats, a multi-million dollar video scoreboard and our newest addition, complete 360° LED technology. Sportservice currently operates all retail stores, retail portables, food & beverage and culinary at this location. Please visit www.tdgarden.com for more information.
Do you want to be close to the action in a sporting venue? Would you like to work in a fast paced, fun environment? You are part of the excitement overseeing the Concessions Department at TD Gardens. Be part of the team behind the team!
- Oversee all culinary aspects of the Concessions Department with daily supervision and production of the kitchen operations.
- Fully responsible for menu development, scheduling, food and labor costs and sanitation.
- Plans, prepares and cooks high volume meals, banquets, and catered food to guests and employees. Responsible for management of the kitchen, including supervising activities of cooks, scheduling, training, implementation of policies and procedures, coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor costs.
- Plan menus, catering packages and daily specials, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to Comply with State and local Heath Department Regulations.
- Follow the sign-in and sign-out procedure for keys.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety procedures.
- ServSafe Certification (Preferred)
- Three years Culinary Arts experience, including previous experience in a management role. More specifically, in high volume restaurant, casual and catering operations environment supporting mulitple outlets; experience supervising personnel
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing. Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Excellent Organization skills
- Ability to coach, develop and train others
- Standing and walking 100% of time in a fast paced and busy environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and good listening skills.
- Ability to handle many tasks at once and effectiveness in a fast-paced work environment.
- ACF Certification preferred, must obtain within the first 2 years of employment.