Greenhouse Manager Serenbe Farms
- Date Posted September 13, 2017
- Location Chattahoochee Hills, GA
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Full-Time
Positive attitude and work ethic are most important.
Team player, not a solitary job!
Looking for a 2 year commitment, a great opportunity for a recent college grad or the next step after a completed internship on another similar farm.
Greenhouse Manager will be responsible for planning (in conjunction with other managers) implementing, and leading various tasks in the greenhouse pertaining to seeding, irrigating, propagating, record keeping, materials acquisition, and any other greenhouse tasks.
This position reports to Manager and Assistant Manager, and leads interns and part time staff. This position coordinates with the other managers on transplanting field schedules.
This is a year round, full time job. When not busy in the greenhouse, this person will fill in on any task needed on the farm at General Managers' discretion.
General crop planning knowledge, greenhouse experience, and proficiency with excel required.
Schedule is T-F, 9-5 doing the non CSA/market season, (Dec-March) And Monday - Saturday during April-November.
Housing (shared with interns from possibly February-November) is included, as well as utilities and internet, in a small 3 bedroom 1 bath cottage just off the farm, in the beautiful Serenbe Community.
This is a great opportunity to farm directly for a community of like minded, appreciative folks. Farmers are treated like ROCK STARS in Serenbe
Comfort with speaking to groups and attending fun public events is necessary as well to the Serenbe vibe, as we are also an agritourism and education farm and host/attend many events.
Position requires a 2 day field work interview.
Our ideal candidate has:
• A GREAT attitude! And the ability to go with the flow, accept changes in daily schedules
• A serious interest in farming as a lifestyle and livelihood
• A physical and mental ability to carry out all farm related tasks
• A mind for efficiency, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency
• Open and positive communication skills
• Willingness to take initiative and take on responsibility
• Customer service experience
• Previous farm labor experience, preferably on a CSA farm
1. Please tell us about yourself (hobbies, interests, long term goals, etc.).
2. Why do you want to work on a farm? How does farming fit into your future plans?
3. What is your greenhouse/farming experience?
4. What strengths would you bring to the greenhouse of Serenbe Farms?
5. Do you have any sales experience?
6. Do you have any relevant medical conditions or physical limitations that would affect your ability to do farm work (kneeling, squatting for hours, heavy lifting, long days, etc.)?Can you carry and lift 50 lbs?
7. Have you ever conducted tours or spoken to groups?
8. Do you have any other related work experiences or skills? (examples: education, mechanics, sales, carpentry, cooking, public speaking)
9. Do you have transportation?
10. When would you be available to start? Any flexibility?
11.What crops do you have the most experience with (in a greenhouse)?
12. How would your experience benefit Serenbe Farms?