Serenbe Farms is an intensive 20-acre USDA Certified Organic fruit, vegetable and flower farm located in Chattahoochee Hills, GA, just 30 miles south of Atlanta, GA. It is managed by Matthew Clayton, a 4th generation vegetable farmer. We grow over 50 different vegetables, fruits, flowers, and herbs We market our goods through our 100+ member Community Supported Agriculture program (CSA), farmers markets and to many talented chefs in Serenbe and Atlanta.
The 2018 Apprenticeship Program runs from approximately February 1, 2018- December 1, 2018. Full Season commitment is required. Apprentices will receive a stipend of $800/month. Private room in shared housing with internet and utilities are included, as well as access to farm produce and eggs. Intern housing is a shared 3 bedroom house with kitchen, lounge, dining area, and a large yard. The house is approximately 1/4 of a mile from the farm. Apprentices have access to all of the Serenbe Communities amenities, restaurants and hiking trails. Apprentices get to attend Serenbe Playhouse plays for free, and have many opportunities for other social activities within the Serenbe community.
Our ideal candidate has:
• A serious interest in farming as a lifestyle and livelihood
• Previous farm labor experience, preferably on a CSA farm
• A physical and mental ability to carry out all farm related tasks
• A mind for efficiency, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency
• Open and positive communication skills
• Willingness to take initiative and take on responsibility
• Customer service experience
this position is PAID: stipend
How to apply
This job expired on November 12, 2017
DeadlineDecember 15, 2017