2018 Intern Dirty Girl CSA
- Date Posted November 09, 2017
- Location Peterborough, NH
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
in 2018 we plan on having 2-3 acres in vegetable production, with another 2-3 acres in rotational cover crop. We have one high tunnel and hope to put up a caterpillar tunnel for season extension. We grow over 35 types of vegetables, and many varieties of each type. We focus on plant diversity, heirlooms, and specialty crops. Job Description We are seeking an intern for the 2018 growing season (March/April - October/November) No experience is necessary, just a desire to learn and an interest in regenerative agriculture.
Must be able to commit for the whole season. Intern will be trained in all aspects of growing and marketing, including: starting seeds in greenhouse, greenhouse monitoring & watering, transplanting, direct seeding, weeding, pest & disease management, irrigation monitoring, soil fertility management, harvesting & processing, attending farmers markets, distributing CSA shares, and building customer relations. Creativity, positive attitude, attention to detail, and a passion for the local food movement are required.
Educational opportunities include 1-1 instruction and ongoing feedback as well as opportunities to attend local workshops when available. Books are also provided, and individual is encouraged to study their specific interests.
Individual is expected to work 5-6 days per week depending on the time of year. In the early spring, hours can vary between 8-10 hours per day, and during the summer hours may increase to 12 hours per day.
Housing may be available - please inquire.
The right candidate will express the following qualities:
- Positive attitude with the ability to take constructive criticism
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn from ones mistakes with a level of optimism
- Desire to learn all aspects of vegetable production
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions (rain, heat, & humidity)
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the farm and work until the job is finished
- Ability to bend over for hours at a time transplanting or weeding
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of humor!
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Kirsten at email@example.com Compensation this position is PAID: stipend How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline