Organic Farm Apprentice Oxford College of Emory University +1 more
- Date Posted December 05, 2017
- Location Oxford, GA
- Category Education
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
One of Emory University’s nine academic divisions, Oxford College provides 950 first and second-year students with a liberal arts intensive program for the first two years of the Emory baccalaureate degree. Oxford College is Emory’s historic campus located 36 miles east of Atlanta.Job Description
Oxford College of Emory University (www.oxford.emory.edu) invites applications for the position of Organic Farm Apprentice (requisition 77770BR).
THIS POSITION IS ON THE ORGANIC FARM AT OXFORD COLLEGE OF EMORY UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, 36 MILES EAST OF ATLANTA.
This is a temporary seasonal position April through October 2018.
- Reporting to the Oxford College Organic Farmer/Educator, this position is responsible for ground preparation, crop planting, care, weeding, etc. in support of Oxford's organic farm.
- Responsible for mowing, mulching, and general maintenance of grounds.
- Handles the picking, packing, and marketing of crops. Performs other related duties as required.
- A high school diploma, or a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Prefer knowledge of organic farming practices, marketing of produce, and the local food movement.
- Horticulture skills of propagation, weeding, scouting, and harvest are also preferred.
- Strong interest and passion for organic farming.
- Some experience with organic farming is preferable.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline