Field Manager, Organic Farm Oxford College of Emory University
- Date Posted December 05, 2017
- Location Oxford, GA
- Category Education
- Job Type Full-Time
One of Emory University’s nine academic divisions, Oxford College provides 950 first and second-year students with a liberal arts intensive program for the first two years of the Emory baccalaureate degree. Oxford College is Emory’s historic campus located 36 miles east of Atlanta.Job Description
Oxford College of Emory University (www.oxford.emory.edu) invites applications for the position of Field Manager, Organic Farm.
THIS POSITION IS ON THE OXFORD COLLEGE CAMPUS, 36 MILES EAST OF ATLANTA.
- Reporting to the Oxford College Organic Farmer/Educator, this position assists with ground preparation, crop planting, care, weeding, etc. in support of Oxford's organic farm.
- With the Farmer/Educator and staff, handles much of the picking, packing, and marketing of crops to the public. Instructs workers and volunteers in farming activities.
- Responsible for managing field activities on the farm. Teaches students, staff, and volunteers how to accomplish key tasks on the farm.
- Creates and executes the weekly to-do list and creates availability list.
- Accomplishes the weekly harvest, post-harvest handling, seasonal planting, and care of crops with the help of staff.
- Attends markets and does deliveries in coordination with Farmer/Educator and other staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree and relevant experience in organic farming, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Prefer knowledge of organic farming practices, marketing of produce, and the local food movement.
- Horticulture skills of propagation, weeding, scouting, operating equipment, and harvest are also strongly preferred.
Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $12.64 - $20.77 How to apply