Farm Crew Member Turner Farm
- Date Posted December 28, 2017
- Location North Haven, ME
- Category Agriculture / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
Turner Farm is a diversified organic seaside farm on the island of North Haven in the Penobscot Bay of Maine. We grow small scale, high value, certified organic vegetables, herbs, and flowers, utilizing passive solar hoop houses and heated greenhouses to support year-round production, in addition to raising pigs in the woods and maintaining a small herd of dairy cows. We serve the communities of North Haven, Vinalhaven, and Rockland with fresh organic produce available at our farm stand, the North Haven Farmers’ Market, several popular restaurants on North Haven, grocery stores and food co-ops, and an inter-island winter greens CSA for families on North Haven and Vinalhaven.Job Description
- Previous organic vegetable production experience preferred, but not required. Candidates without farming experience must have previous experience with other forms of physically demanding work.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude and consistent work flow in all weather conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience living and working with others in a farm setting preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly and perform a variety of tasks efficiently and consistently.
- Comfortable engaging farm guests and community members while working.
- Ability to visit the farm for a working interview preferred. Accommodations will be provided.
Regular responsibilities will include: seeding, watering, weeding, planting, harvesting, bed preparation, sales at markets, washing and packing orders, livestock chores, cleaning bins and maintaining work spaces.
Potential for additional winter work beyond the summer growing season.