Community Organizing Intern iEat Green
- Date Posted February 12, 2012
- Location Old Westbury, NY
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
iEat Green is an educational organization dedicated to motivating individuals to work together to create lifestyles that support the wellness of one’s body, mind, spirit, community and planet. By raising the awareness of the inter-connectedness of the foods we eat and their impact on our families, our communities, our economy and our planet, iEat Green is fostering a greener way of life.
- Maintain a half-acre organic, vegetable garden (tasks include weeding, planting, watering, and harvesting).
- Attend tabling events as a representative of Slow Food Huntington and/or iEat Green.
- Assist with community projects focused around food security issues, agriculture policy, community gardens, movie screenings, etc.
- Participate in educational workshops, conferences, and events focused on local food, community building, food security and policy.
- Connect with community leaders in the Long Island/NYC area
- Field trips to various organic and educational centers in the area
- Natural Foods Cooking, with a focus on organic, plant-based diets
- Social Media Marketing, website management using Wordpress
- Video editing, creating promotional materials
- Room for creative brainstorming
- Interested in the sustainable, organic food movement
- Positive, hard-working attitude
- Willing to be flexible, have an open-mind
- Some gardening experience preferred
- Computer literacy preferred
College Credit, reimbursement for transportation, delicious organic meals shared by all and organic produce to take home! Flexible hours
Students majoring in Communications, Video editing, Horticulture/Agronomy, Food Politics are highly encouraged to apply!Compensation this position is PAID How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline