Administrative Manager/Bookeeper Produce with Purpose Farm
- Date Posted January 29, 2018
- Location Fond du Lac 1 hour north of Milwaukee, WI
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
We are looking for a proactive Administrative Manager to lead our day to day operation. You will work closely with the owner on developing a much need administrative plan for the farm.
This role will involve a variety of tasks such as growing and developing our wholesale relationships, managing our Build A Box program,managing numbers and data, keeping track of licenses,and developing our marketing plan.
The right candidate will be focused on versatile admin work and client account management. You will need to be friendly and outgoing, reliable, enthusiastic, well-organized and detail-oriented with an engaging phone style. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, enjoy problem solving, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow with an innovative and sustainable company.
Must have Knowledge of Spreadsheets, Quickbooks (or the simple accounting skills)
Essential tasks include:
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing and new customers with ability to understand and anticipate their current and future needs
- Coordinate field marketing programs
- Assist Distribution
- Customer Service and coordination of all orders
- Provide timely reporting for the farm
- Manage and organize data (leads, orders, reports) and other supporting work
- Basic bookkeeping, invoicing and past dues
- Support brand activation with new accounts through the coordination of marketing materials and staff education
- Manage our Farm Market, Build a Box and CSA behind the scene activities
- Basic marketing activities
- High degree of initiative and productivity
- Ability to work independently ...could work at home for a number of hours each week
- Willingness to take direction/supervision and to follow specific instructions
- General customer service, sales, and basic marketing skills
- People skills and strong negotiation skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both written and oral methods such as email, phone calls, etc.
- Good judgment and efficient use of time and resources
- Must possess an excellent working knowledge of Quickbooks,Microsoft Word and Excel
- 1 year mixed experience in business or office required.
- Experience in the food industry is helpful
- A passion for local food