Farm Hand(s) Produce with Purpose Farm
- Date Posted January 29, 2018
- Location Fond du Lac 1 hour north of Milwaukee, WI
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Farm hand position available for year round position. Work full-time throughout the main growing season, which spans now till Thanksgiving.
Work hours range from 40-50/wk.
Thanksgiving thru February hours will be around 30 each week.
A year of farm experience is preferred.
This position can lead to more managerial opportunities as our farm grows.
- Green house work
- Fertilizing/Bed Prep
- Cultivating of weeds
- Trellising tomatoes
- Maintaining hoophouse crops
- Spraying organic biological pesticides and fungicides
- Applying row cover in winter
- Harvesting, washing and packing crops
- Packing trucks for market
- Selling produce, breaking down/setting up at the farmers market
- One year of outdoor professional work experience.
- Positive attitude and love for working in a team.
- Sense of urgency and an efficient working style.
- Ability to follow established systems and procedures.
- Customer service skills for farmers market and CSA.
- Comfort in hard work especially lifting and carrying 50 pounds repeatedly and working in the heat.
- Someone not addicted to their phone :)
this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $10.00 - $12.00
The compensation for this position is $10 - 12 per hour.
Job includes paid vacation.