Farm Apprentice Chestnut Hill Farm
- Date Posted January 30, 2018
- Location Southborough, MA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
About the Trustees: we are an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 60,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 116 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 50,000 members.
Summary of Position:
Assisting with all aspects of vegetable crop production: including greenhouse work, field preparation and tillage, cultivation, transplanting, harvest, pack and distribution for CSA, wholesale and farm-stand, and assistance with retail farm-stand. Also includes working with volunteer groups and individuals.
- Preparing and maintaining vegetable crop fields utilizing a variety of tractors and tillage equipment such as rotovators, chisel and moldboard plows, harrows, weeders, seeders, transplanters, etc.
- Participate in regular equipment maintenance.
- Greenhouse work: All aspects of transplant production from seeding to fields.
- Implementation and maintenance of irrigation systems throughout growing season.
- Regular application of fertilizers, OMRI listed pest and bio-controls as needed.
- Harvest, wash and prep crops throughout growing season, both manually and with tractors, for CSA distribution, wholesale clients and food pantry/donations.
- Full participation in CSA distributions and farmstand operations.
- Participate and offer insights in specific areas related to farm operations specifically in the areas but not limited to: greenhouse management, crop harvest, and equipment maintenance.
- Farm and CSA related projects as assigned.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline