Summer Farm Staff at Camp Twin Lakes Camp Twin Lakes
- Date Posted February 10, 2018
- Location Rutledge, GA
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job Type Summer Job
For 25 years, Camp Twin Lakes has delivered fully adaptive, medically supportive, and deeply impactful camp experiences to more than 10,000 of Georgia’s children and young adults, helping each camper grow in their confidence and experience the joys of childhood.
Through intentional play, we develop mindful and confident children who are prepared to triumph over challenges. By learning perseverance, resilience, and a sense of community, our campers leave transformed and capable of extraordinary things.
Our food production mission at Camp Twin Lakes (CTL) is to add authenticity and excitement to programming, education and community engagement while following our intentional camping philosophy. We have two types of summer employment opportunities at our farm; Farm Education Staff and Farm Hand Staff. Please read the descriptions below and specify which opportunity you are seeking when you apply.
Both roles include dorm style housing, most meals Sunday-Friday and a weekly stipend.
Start Date: Mid-May
End Date: Early August
Farm Education Staff responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitate farm sessions
- Work to keep farm spaces tidy (i.e barn & other program spaces)
- Assist with feeding and caring for livestock (i.e alpacas, chickens, goats cows)
- Assist with seeding, transplanting, irrigation and pest management in gardens
- Assist with meal time preparation when available (i.e setting tables, welcoming campers, serving food and helping with dietary restrictions)
- Participate in in-service trainings when available
- Work collaboratively with staff and partner camp to maintain a safe and fun environment including keeping facilities clean
- Serve as an assistant cabin buddy for partners, which includes eating meals with campers and attending night activities whenever possible
- Assist in administrative duties as needed
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Farm Hand Staff responsibilities include the following:
- Field Work: includes seeding, transplanting, irrigating, weeding and pest management
- Greenhouse: seeding, weeding, transplanting, watering and pest management
- Food Safety: washing, sorting, packing, labeling and storage of all farm products
- Machine/Power tools: operate tractor, dingo, lawn mowers and other equipment as needed
- Cattle & Livestock: Feeding, watering, collecting eggs, visual & physical analysis
- CTL farm hand staff will not be responsible for leading program sessions, but there may be times where farm staff will have to assist farm education staff with minor programming details
*Responsibilities may vary depending on location of camp and role at camp.
The minimum qualifications for the job include:
- Being at least 18 years of age
- Being one full year out of high school
- Having a high school diploma/GED
- A successfully completed background check
- Pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screening
- Having the physical, mental and emotional capabilities to complete assigned tasks
- Be willing to work in the outdoors in all weather conditions
*Please note that heavy lifting is involved. Other skills needed include the ability to get along with others, possess physical stamina to complete a full day of work, ability to accept direction and feedback, maintain positive attitude, and be a part of a team.
*Prior farm experience not required to apply.Compensation this position is PAID: stipend How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline