Farm stand and CSA Shopkeeper Barrett's Mill Farm
- Date Posted February 15, 2018
- Location Concord, MA
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Full-Time
We are seeking two highly motivated vegetable enthusiasts to staff our farm stand and CSA. We are hiring one full time and one part time shopkeeper for May until late October.
- Store coverage is needed Tuesday - Friday 11am - 7pm and Saturday 9am – 4pm.
- The exact schedule for the season will be arranged with each shopkeeper. Minimum commitment of 20 hours/week. Saturdays are required.
- Position runs late May until late October with the possibility of part time hours in November.
- Applicants who are interested in gaining experience out in the field may be offered field hours in early May as well as the option to swap some store hours for hours with the field crew throughout the season.
- Maintain a welcoming and pleasant atmosphere in the farm stand.
- Answer customer questions about produce and the farm’s growing practices.
- Maintain an attractive produce display throughout the day, restocking as necessary.
- Bag, bunch, and sort produce.
- Wash produce bins, clean floors, and keep the farm stand and wash area organized and clean.
- Calculate and make change for customer purchases.
- Keep track of product inventory and notify farm managers if anything is running low.
- Harvest small items as needed such as herbs or cherry tomatoes.
- Break down farm stand produce display at the end of the day. Closing responsibilities include carrying bins of produce back to the cooler, cleaning the farm stand and wash area, and closing the barn and farm stand for the evening.
- Experience in customer service desired.
- Familiarity cooking with fresh, seasonal produce.
- Positive attitude, good sense of humor and strong work ethic.
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs over uneven ground.
- Organized, punctual and attentive to detail.
In addition to an hourly wage, shopkeepers will also receive a CSA membership (weekly vegetables starting in June, ending with last week of employment).Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $11.00 - $13.00 How to apply