Organic Farm Internship Granor Farm +1 more
- Date Posted April 05, 2018
- Location Three Oaks, MI
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
Granor Farm is seeking 2-4 interns to join the farm approximately May-October, but we are willing to adjust the length of stay for the right candidate.
Interns work approx. 50-60 hours per week, and will participate in all aspects of organic vegetable production, from seed to market. This includes weeding, watering, seeding, transplanting, harvesting, post-harvest handling, customer service, working farmer’s markets and farmstand, greenhouse and hoop house management, general farm chores, and care of hens and ducks. Weekend work is required and there will be farm chores every day of the week.
The main goal of this internship is to offer the opportunity for interns to gain a season’s worth of experience on an organic farm. There is an opportunity to participate in the farm-to-table dining experience with our chef, including processing value-added food, assisting with the dinner program, and other programming during the season. We welcome an intern’s interest in additional special projects, but these should be proposed before the internship start date.
- Willingness to work 50-60 hours/week outdoors and in all weather conditions. Interns help with farm chores which happen every day of the week.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs. Bending, standing and lifting for long periods of time is part of the job.
- A qualified candidate will possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, physical fitness and a good sense of humor.
- Absolutely must be a non-smoker
- Have a valid driver’s license, must be 18 years or older
We offer farm training, on-farm housing, two staff meals a week (made by our in-house chef), produce from the farm, as well as a generous monthly stipend. (Sorry, our intern housing options do not allow us to accommodate couples/families or interns' pets).Compensation this position is PAID: stipend How to apply