- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Outreach Coordinator The Common Market Georgia
- Date Posted April 10, 2018
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Business / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
At The Common Market, we envision a nation composed of vibrant regional food systems- where interdependent urban and rural communities thrive through relationships that build the health and wealth of all people. Our mission is to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the institutions that serve them. We strive to improve food security, farm viability, and community and ecological health.
With locations currently serving New York City, Greater Philadelphia, Baltimore, Greater Washington, DC and the Greater Atlanta regions, we are expanding to our third location serving the Greater Houston region.Job description
The Common Market Georgia, a mission-driven distributor of local foods to the Atlanta Area, seeks a Customer Outreach Associate. Our mission is to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the schools, universities, hospitals, restaurants, and retailers that serve them. We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, results-driven and passionate about sustainable food, in addition to having the professionalism and experience to succeed in a demanding role that is critical to the success of the organization. This position requires an extremely organized individual who is able to work independently with a sense of urgency and great attention to detail – someone who is flexible, collaborative, and possesses excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Please no phone or email inquiries.
- Works closely with the Director and the rest of the outreach team to execute our sales strategy
- Establishes, develops and fosters quality relationships with community partners in school and early child care settings in Georgia
- Take responsibility for different groups of customers. This will include, Corporate headquarters, Early Child Care Centers, Public Schools, Hospitals, Retailers and Community Groups.
- Networks with current customers, trade groups, and institutional partners to identify new potential customers; schedules appointments and follows up with potential customers
- Educates and advises potential customers on the benefits of incorporating food from local sustainable farms as part of a food service operation
- Ensures proactive approach to maintain positive customer relations through ongoing communication, defining needs/expectations and working collaboratively with Common Market staff to find solutions to customers’ needs
- Coordinates with Common Market procurement, operations, trucking, finance, IT and communications staff to resolve customer problems and ensure high quality customer experience
- Creates local food promotional tools, materials, and campaigns (ex. emails, newsletters, presentations, farmer profiles)
- Collects data about customer preferences (surveys, focus groups, interviews etc.)
- Regularly evaluates and makes suggestions about how to improve/adapt to ensure a better customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with school food and interest in food procurement policy
- Strong preference for someone with experience working within low income communities and communities of color
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
2 weeks annual PTO
Monthly Health Insurance stipend
The Common Market Farm Share
Simple IRA Retirement Plan
Pay commensurate with experience, starting at $38,000/yr.
No phone calls please.Compensation this position is : salaried, less than 50k Application instructions