Production Supervisor Sweet Grass Dairy
- Date Posted May 08, 2018
- Location Thomasville, GA
- Category Production
- Job Type Full-Time
This position is responsible for both leading and supporting the production and packing areas. This is a key role in the process and the position will focus on the following areas; production and packaging coverage, quality, safety, supervision. This is a hands-on supervisory position. The candidate is expected to be on the production floor 90% of the time.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- 40% Direct daily activities for production and packaging.
- Communicate the production schedule as needed.
- Provide expertise and training in production and packing.
- Communicate all quality concerns.
- 30% Conduct audits and inspections of procedures used in all areas of the plant to ensure the following.
- Review, verify, file and maintain records relating to all aspects of the production facility each week.
- Conduct follow up corrective actions with staff and managers to ensure facility compliance daily.
- Keep informational paperwork, such as cleaning records, temp charts, and product damage current reconcile daily for accuracy.
- 10% Responsible for routine plant inspections/audits of the cheese plant and equipment to ensure compliance with proper cheese making and sanitation practices as established by Owners, FDA, the state of Georgia, OSHA and any local regulations.
- 20% Substitute for both packaging and production leads as needed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate performance issues with all departments during daily / weekly meetings. Follow the department meeting outline to ensure all topics are addressed.
- Send production samples out weekly.
- Ensure delivery of samples, and track and communicate results once received.
- Manage and maintain inventory of sampling testing materials
- Carry out all reasonable requests by management to assist in any area of the plant as needed, including hands-on cheese production or packaging as needed.
- Help with inventory when needed such as production supplies, chemicals, and other supplies
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A college degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or a similar field preferred
- High School degree required
- Training involving on-the-job quality assurance experience and formal training in a food manufacturing environment a plus.
- Must become HACCP Certified.
- ServSafe Certified a plus.
- Must have basic computer skills
Other Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Knowledge of proper maintenance and operation of cheese making equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures for cheese making equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and ratios.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to utilize strong problem solving skills and develop new ideas and solutions to problems.
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to exhibit attention to detail.