Cheesemaker Jasper Hill Farm
- Date Posted May 17, 2018
- Location Greensboro, VT
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
Jasper Hill Cheesemakers are driven to their best. The work is physical, fast-paced and mentally stimulating. The capacity to think ahead to plan your workflow, stamina to keep moving, and ability to continually improve the process are essential. This role starts early, a majority of the time is spent cleaning, and it requires working at least one weekend day. Someone who enjoys fast paced production work can find deep satisfaction in creating a delicious product with a team that works well together. Tasting and evaluating the cheese produced is an important and tasty part of cheesemaking. Be a part of a team that has a sense of purpose and pride in the work they do.
- Follow recipes to produce a variety of cheeses
- Cleaning and sanitizing all cheesemaking and cheese care equipment
- Following established protocols for cheese quality and food safety
- Use of pH meter, moisture analyzer, and other technical equipment
- Record keeping to maintain cheesemaking database
- Assist in training visitors and new employees
- Detail- and process-oriented
- Able to easily and continuously lift 50 lbs
- Reliable & dependable
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated asks questions, seeks information, shares concerns & problem solves
- Ability to work with others in a respectful, cooperative manner
- Ability to work on your feet for long stretches, and lift 60+ pounds
- Two years of production work or physical labor preferred
- Chemistry, Microbiology or culinary studies preferred
- This position is 40-45 hours a week.
HOW TO APPLY
Email us at email@example.com to submit your resumé and 3 references.
Learn more about our company and open positions at www.jasperhillfarm.com/employmentCompensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline