Community Growth Lead CompostNow
- Date Posted May 18, 2018
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
CompostNow is looking for a stellar individual to join our Atlanta-based team and play a key role in engaging the community around composting and growing our residential customer base (referred to as “members”).
Our mission at CompostNow is to grow the composting movement by making it easy for our members to divert waste from landfills and enrich soils. By hauling food scraps and delivering compost, we do the dirty work for them and ensure a great composting experience. To build the movement, it is imperative to engage with the community about the importance of composting and encourage them to try composting with CompostNow!
You’ll be part of a growing team in a startup environment and be able to get involved in all aspects of growing a social enterprise. The core of this position is to build relationships, grow our residential member base and increase our brand awareness in the Atlanta area. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting and developing our Field Marketing (Soil Ambassador) Team and be the face of CompostNow in the community. We’re looking for an individual who is able to grow and evolve in the position and take on additional responsibilities as the company continues to grow.
ResponsibilitiesIn this position,
- You have a pulse on what’s happening in Atlanta. You are familiar with the different Farmers Markets and community events that happen throughout the year. You’re able to make good judgements on which of these events have an audience that would be interested in learning about, and signing up for, CompostNow.
- You love meeting people, building relationships, and making sure you are representing CompostNow in a professional way. In this role, you’ll be connected with some really awesome Farmers Market Managers, Community Event Organizers, and community advocates who we already work with and who help us grow the composting movement. You’ll be expected to nurture these relationships and develop new ones.
- You will make sure our Soil Ambassador Team of 10+ part-time individuals are equipped for success. This includes recruiting and training new team members who are enthusiastic about growing the composting movement, supporting existing team members with ongoing trainings, building the team culture and sense of community through monthly trainings, scheduling who will be attending what events, ensuring event displays are in tip-top shape, and motivating everyone around a goal of increasing the number of households that are diverting their compostables from the landfill.
- You have a knack for sales yourself. You attend events and lead by example. You also attend events with the Soil Ambassadors and coach them on their engagement and sign up skills.
- You have excellent organization skills are able able to schedule and oversee 10+ events per week along with performing the daily/weekly administrative tasks like tracking costs, productivity (sign ups per hour), and overall effectiveness of your Soil Ambassador Team.
- Partner with influential local businesses, brands, and organizations.
- Engage with the community by conducting Lunch and Learn presentations, speaking at neighborhood association meetings, attending networking events, and similar opportunities. Assist with commercial member account management by training restaurant staff, visiting office members, and other duties as needed.
- Make sure Atlanta is well represented on our social media platforms by working with the Social Media lead to schedule engaging posts using a consistent voice.
- Internally, represent and communicate the needs of the Atlanta Market to the CompostNow leadership team.
- Believe in building sustainable communities and the mission of CompostNow.
- 1-3 years of field marketing experience.
- Excellent communicator and comfortable engaging new people.
- Results-driven and goal-oriented.
- Tech-savvy. You must be comfortable using Google Suite, Project Management Tools, Communications Tools (i.e. Slack), and more. SQL is a plus. We’re a tech-driven business.
- Proficient at Excel / Google Sheets or willing to learn.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Willing to work weekends and take off-days during the week.
Compensation & Perks
- Be a part of a small team where your contribution has a big impact.
- Full-time, salaried position.
- Free CompostNow service & swag.
- Opportunity for growth and increased opportunities within a startup environment.
- Additional benefits as the business continues to grow.