General Manager Daily Groceries Co-op
- Date Posted May 22, 2018
- Location Athens, GA
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Daily Groceries Co-op is seeking an outstanding individual to lead our team. The General Manager will run the day to day operations of the store and will report to the board of directors.Required Qualifications
- Grocery management and supervisory experience (store manager, assistant manager, or department manager).
- Experience managing to and accountable for a budget.
- Strong communication skills are a must for this position. Working with employees and the public comprise a large part of the job.
- Must embrace opportunities to learn and grow, develop efficiencies that better support and enhance the store, and increase sales – all in a team environment.
- Experienced in natural foods grocery and the cooperative business model.
- Experience in communicating with and reporting to a board of directors.
The job of the general manager is to model the behaviors and attitudes expected of all staff, and ensure the achievement of the ends policies within the boundaries as defined by the executive limitations policies.
The general manager is empowered to make all decisions, create policies, and authorize all engagements, and is responsible for demonstrating consistent reasonable interpretation of board policy as provided for in board/general manager relations policies.
The general manager’s performance is systematically and rigorously monitored and evaluated compared to the expectations set forth in board policy according to the following executive limitations:
- Financial conditions and activities
- Business planning and financial budgeting
- Asset protection
- Membership rights and responsibilities
- Treatment of customers
- Staff treatment and compensation
- Communication to the Board
- Board logistical support
- Emergency general management succession
- Monitoring will occur by internal report by the general manager, external report by a disinterested third party, and by direct Board inspection, or any combination thereof.
A full set of board policies is available upon request.
Pay commensurate with experience.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $25,000.00 - $45,000.00 How to apply