Personal Assistant Vermont Compost Company
- Date Posted June 05, 2018
- Location Montpelier, VT
- Category Media
- Job Type Part-Time
Vermont Compost Company's primary goal is to provide the highest quality compost and potting soils to growers for organic vegetable and flower production.
After more than twenty years in business, Vermont Compost Company continues to produce consistent mixes professional growers depend on for the health of their plants.
Our customer base is made up of a thriving community of successful growers who consider Vermont Compost Company a valuable resource. Our desire to support organic growers drives our commitment to produce a consistent, high performing potting soil.Job Description
- Developing a multi-media content strategy (which platforms/format to begin creating content on),
- Creating and publishing content once platform(s) have been chosen,
- Assisting with correspondence/comments on social media platforms,
- Sharing email correspondence duties with Karl,
- Assisting in the development and preparation of workshop content,
- Traveling with Karl on farm visits and conferences,
- Helping coordinate and organize facility tours and student groups,
- Helping spread Karl’s thoughts, lessons, and musings on a wide variety of topics!
- Writing and editing experience,
- Experience maintaining a social media presence across multiple platforms,
- Content creation skills, which would ideally include experience in most if not all of the following skills:
- Photography/videography (capture and editing)
- Basic graphic design skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (or equivalent programs)
- Powerpoint and/or other presentation software
- Adobe Premier or Final Cut
- Posting to YouTube, Instagram, Podcasting, and/or blogging platforms (part of the job will be determining which platforms would best reach the intended audience, lend itself best to Karl’s presentation style, and be most realistic to maintain a presence on).
- Some experience with Mac OS/iOS devices, or a willingness to learn them so as to help Karl with his phone/computer when necessary,
- A minimum of 2 seasons of experience working on a farm—ideally more,
- Some experience in education would be preferred, as much of the content will be for the purpose of teaching and potentially development of curriculum.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline