Cheesemonger/educator/content a. MGR Curds & Co.
- Date Posted June 06, 2018
- Location Brookline, MA
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job Type Full-Time
Curds & Co. is on a mission to bring great cheese and happiness to the people.
We’re a new neighborhood cut-to-order cheese store in Brookline Village and we're conquering the ambitious mission to bring great cheese and happiness day-after-day by building a 21st century cheese store. We are layering all the important parts of sourcing, buying, and selling cheese in a mom-and-pop-sized shop with a delicious and rigorous core of startup strategies, know-how, and data. We will sell cut-to-order cheese and pairings, teach classes, host events, sell wholesale to the local restaurants, and offer a cheese subscription service.Job Description We're growing and we might be looking for you...
If you have killer cheese monger skills (2+ years), love learning about cheese and sharing what you know, love writing, posting and teaching about cheese, and like working in a fun and innovative workplace, you might be who we're looking for.
We have a new space on our team for an assistant manager who loves working behind a cheese case but also loves the idea of teaching classes at our cheese school and helping to run the operations. You need to have a great sense of humor, the ability to listen as much as you talk, and you need to love learning and growing. You need to embrace our 21st century way of thinking and talking to our customers in THEIR language to help us be the least intimidating cheese store evah!
- You have to love PAIRINGS because we're a "cheese and pairings" store!
- You need to be willing to grow and stretch in your position and love the idea of moving up as we scale.
- You need to be able to physically handle the job duties and be available to evenings on class nights.
- You need to feel comfortable opening and closing a store by yourself when necessary.
- You should be excited by our social media, blog and newsletter presence and want to be part of it.
(Cheesemonger specific duties include: cut to order, cheese maintenance, wrapping, plating.)
If you're excited by this job description, then we're excited to meet you. Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJune 30, 2018