Food Production / Ops Coodinator Bella Cucina +1 more
- Date Posted June 14, 2018
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Production
- Job Type Full-Time
The person in this key position will be responsible for coordinating the food manufacturing and fulfillment operations activities of the company. Certification with BPCS (Better Process Control School) for acidified foods is a pre-requisite.
Online certification is available from UC Davis. We will work with candidate to acquire needed certification.
Accountabilities for the position include safety and quality control; raw materials purchasing; recipe batch testing, and timely fulfillment of production and packaging of finished goods products.
There is opportunity for managing partner/potential ownership in the manufacturing arm of the family of businesses.
Coordinate day to day food manufacturing and operations activities for Bella Cucina and other co-packing clients.
Safety & Compliance:
- Manage the HACCP manufacturing program: product testing, traceability of ingredients, process documentation in compliance with FDA and GDA regulations and authorities.
- Ongoing implementation, training and management of staff on best safety practices.
- Coordinate purchasing and receiving of raw materials according to regulatory, company quality and budget guidelines
- Work with local farms to develop sourcing partnerships for raw materials ingredients
Manufacturing & Operations:
- Coordinates timely labeling and order fulfillment of production batches
- Maintain adequate inventory levels on raw materials and Finished Goods
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors to work ensure quality ingredients and fair negotiations of pricing and costs.
Must have at least 2 years experience working within a food manufacturing environment. Proficiency in basic computer skills a must. Production of acidified foods a plus.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience in food manufacturing and warehouse environment.
- BPCS certification required prior to starting (candidate will be reimbursed for cost of certification.)
- Proficiency with excel
- Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline