Sales and Marketing Associate Vermont Compost Company
- Date Posted June 30, 2018
- Location Montpelier, VT
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Vermont Compost Company's primary goal is to provide the highest quality compost and potting soils to growers for organic vegetable and flower production.
After more than twenty years in business, Vermont Compost Company continues to produce consistent mixes professional growers depend on for the health of their plants.
Our customer base is made up of a thriving community of successful growers who consider Vermont Compost Company a valuable resource. Our desire to support organic growers drives our commitment to produce a consistent, high performing potting soil.Job Description
This is a full-time, year-round, hourly position ($14-$17/hour C.O.E.) with benefits (vacation, holidays, IRA and more). The standard work week is Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm, with occasional weekend work necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Manager with all departmental tasks as requested
- Provide exceptional customer service to all walk-in can call-in customers
- Coordinate all outbound potting soil orders between customers and shipping companies
- Take ownership of sales orders, ensuring documentation, communications and tracking procedures are accurate and timely
- Work with the Fulfillment Team - ensuring all orders are completed as needed
- Work with Management Team in further developing marketing content and strategy
- Contribute to social media platforms and the development of advertisements
- Attend 3-5 trade shows annually, acting as an ambassador for Vermont Compost Company
- Be flexible: from time to time your help may be requested in another department when practical
- Experience in some form of Sales, Marketing or Customer Service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Knowledge of vegetable production would be ideal
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline