General Manager Bridgewater Village Store / Bistro
- Date Posted July 09, 2018
- Location Bridgewater, CT
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
The Bridgewater Village Store recently underwent a full renovation to add a Bistro. This expansion has built on the existing breakfast and lunch trade, and now includes full dinner service and expanded table service at breakfast and lunch. The store currently serves as a community-hub and features, in addition to basic breakfast/lunch menu, select groceries, merchandise, newspapers, Bridgewater chocolates and products such as sun-dried tomatoes, sauerkraut and maple syrup from the owners’ local farm. For more information, please visit our website at http://bridgewatervillagestore.com
Bridgewater Village Store Seeking General Manager
Position: General Manager (full-time)
Business: Bridgewater Village Store and Bridgewater Bistro; Bridgewater, Connecticut
Details: GENERAL MANAGER - SKILLS
- Service Oriented and Socially Perceptive
- Friendly, Outgoing, Motivating, and Dynamic Personality
- Strong Time Management of Self and Others
- Instructing and Mentoring
- Operations Analysis, Planning, and Problem Solving
- Familiarity of POS Systems, Accounting Software, and Microsoft Office Products
- Experience with Various Service Styles, including Conventional Table Service, Prepared Foods, and Quick Service
GENERAL MANAGER – DUTIES
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; analyzing historical data; conferring with guests in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase sales and revenue.
- Attracts guests by assisting with developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by reviewing and evaluating usage; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, grocery, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with guests.
- Accomplishes business human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Must have at least three years of demonstrated retail merchandising experience
- Interest in Farm-to-Table
- Front-of-house restaurant management experience preferred, not required
- Ability to prioritize effectively and delegate responsibilities
- Strong organizational, communication, problem solving, and leadership skills
- Ability to manage a team to deliver a top-notch experience to a variety of guests, looking for varied experiences
Compensation: $50 - $60K salary, commensurate with experience. Includes access to full benefit package including health insurance, 401K and paid vacation.
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply