Community Outreach Coordinator Georgia Organics
- Date Posted July 18, 2018
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
Georgia Organics is a dynamic and growing statewide nonprofit connecting organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families. Founded in 1997, the organization is based in Atlanta and led by a board of directors, staff of 14 employees and additional support from consultants, interns, members and volunteers. Georgia Organics has three primary goals to:
- Increase the number of organic and sustainable farmers in rural and urban areas
- Increase the number of children participating in farm to school programs
- Increase the number of Georgians eating organically grown, local food
Georgia Organics seeks a highly motivated project coordinator with a passion for community engagement to serve as the full-time Community Outreach Coordinator. This position is based in Georgia Organics’ office in Atlanta with regular travel, and is responsible for day-to-day coordination support of the Georgia Food Oasis (GFO) program and will report directly to the Community Outreach Manager. Georgia Food Oasis, a community outreach program of Georgia Organics, seeks to connect and empower Georgians to healthier ways to eat, cook, and grow local, fresh food through access, events, and education. We collaborate with local organizations, businesses, growers, and residents within communities to self-develop innovative and affordable ways to discover, taste, and learn about local, organic food.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide coordination support and administrative oversight for the Georgia Food Oasis outreach program.
- Collaborate with the Community Outreach Manager to design and implement high impact community outreach tools, events, marketing collateral, and programming.
- Assist with designing and coordinating communication strategies and activation campaigns.
- Represent the organization to a variety of external audiences through writing and public speaking.
- Assist with grant management, financial management, evaluation, and reporting.
- Ability to travel across Georgia, and work evening and weekend hours. Projected travel is 15-20% of time.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of experience in relevant fields of education, community food systems, public health, food system planning, environmental/food policy, nutrition, or related field.
- Experience or expertise with web-based tools and social media.
- Comfortable conducting outreach and organizing diverse groups of people including local governments, community organizations, foundations, health professionals, educators, community food advocates, residents, farmers, and food producers.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, with strong administrative skills; ability to work independently and in a support role.
- Passion and knowledge about organic food, farming, and food access issues.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with coordinating a project or personnel remotely.
- Experience or familiarity with Nudge theory and principles.
- A high degree of intercultural competence and a commitment to building a team that brings a diverse set of experiences and is welcoming and inclusive to all backgrounds and identities.
Starting salary is $38-42K for this full-time position, commensurate with experience, and includes health insurance, retirement investment options, and generous vacation.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $38.00 - $42.00 How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineAugust 17, 2018