Chocolate Production Worker Bixby & Co. +3 more
- Date Posted July 18, 2018
- Location Rockland, ME
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
Join Rockland's only Chocolate Factory and Make Chocolates!
- High School degree.
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements for food production.
- Math skills for calculating percentages, additions and subtractions.
- Skills for accurate weighing of ingredients and taring of scales.
- Capability of lifting 50 pound boxes, operating a pallet jack, standing for long periods of time, and performing cleaning tasks.
- Reports to the Production Manager.
- Consistent compliance with sanitation rules of hand washing, changing gloves, use of hair bonnets (and beard protection if relevant), removal of jewelry, and personal hygiene.
- Daily cleaning of trays, utensils, bowls, production machines.
- Preparing base Bixby products in accordance with the formulas.
- Assisting in the enrobing and packaging functions with attention to maintaining quality through sampling of products against quality standards.
- Primary maintenance of equipment through cleaning and minor repairs.
- Daily clean-up according to standard operating procedures and check list. Quarterly cleaning of walls and deep cleaning of floor.
- Receives shipments of ingredients and packaging; assists truckers in loading pallets of Bixby products on to trucks.
- Performs required documentation.
- A locker is assigned to the employee.
- Management reserves the right to conduct random inspections of the locker.
- The employee is required to notify management of cuts, rashes and blisters hands, face, and arms and of the presence of infectious illnesses.
- The employee will submit weekly time sheets to management.