- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Culinary Operations Manager FireRoad
- Date Posted October 12, 2018
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
FireRoad is seeking a Culinary Operations Manager to develop and manage food production and logistics. This position is initially part-time on a hourly consulting basis with the potential to develop into a full time role with greater responsibilities as FireRoad builds. The position and operations are based in NYC.
- Oversee daily kitchen operations and quality control as head of the production team.
- Develop processes and systems for necessary to bring recipes to market including coordination with logistics and shipping partner.
- Manage supplies and packaging delivery and verify that all ingredients and materials received adhere to FireRoad quality standards.
- Interview, hire, and train staff.
- Effectively manage all systems (i.e., training, scheduling, ordering, inventory, allergy observance, maintenance of database).
- Manage production by driving recipe execution and presentation and coordinating kitchen efforts to meet production and order demand.
- Actively look for ways to improve and streamline operations.
- Passion for healthy nutritious food and mission-based work.
- At least 3-4 years in high volume and high-pressure food service production with previous supervisory responsibility.
- Culinary background.
- Familiarity with ESHA/Genesis software/database or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Organized and exceptional attention to detail.
- Diligent work ethic, respect for others, good sense of humor, and desire to make positive impact to overall work environment.