Culinary Operations Manager FireRoad
- Date Posted October 12, 2018
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Part-Time
FireRoad is seeking a Culinary Operations Manager to develop and manage food production and logistics. This position is initially part-time on a hourly consulting basis with the potential to develop into a full time role with greater responsibilities as FireRoad builds. The position and operations are based in NYC.
- Oversee daily kitchen operations and quality control as head of the production team.
- Develop processes and systems for necessary to bring recipes to market including coordination with logistics and shipping partner.
- Manage supplies and packaging delivery and verify that all ingredients and materials received adhere to FireRoad quality standards.
- Interview, hire, and train staff.
- Effectively manage all systems (i.e., training, scheduling, ordering, inventory, allergy observance, maintenance of database).
- Manage production by driving recipe execution and presentation and coordinating kitchen efforts to meet production and order demand.
- Actively look for ways to improve and streamline operations.
- Passion for healthy nutritious food and mission-based work.
- At least 3-4 years in high volume and high-pressure food service production with previous supervisory responsibility.
- Culinary background.
- Familiarity with ESHA/Genesis software/database or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Organized and exceptional attention to detail.
- Diligent work ethic, respect for others, good sense of humor, and desire to make positive impact to overall work environment.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline