- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Human Resources Generalist Three Stone Hearth
- Date Posted October 05, 2018
- Location Berkeley, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
Three Stone Hearth is an artisanal food production business that provides house-made nutrient-dense food that is packaged in sustainable glass jars and recyclable tins. We do not serve our food hot or cold; it is referred to as highest quality take-out food for all to enjoy. Job description
Three Stone Hearth is not your typical restaurant or take-out establishment. It is a group of talented staff who want to make a difference feeding our community, about using highest quality ingredients, that is locally sourced as much as possible, and lessening impact on the planet by using returnable glass and recyclable materials. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, people person who can thrive in a fast-paced environment (and is a foodie!). As a Human Resources Generalist you will be a resource and advisor to all Company staff and Circle/Department Leads on proper HR functions. There may also be opportunities to jump in to support other Circles/Departments as needed.
The HR Generalist will play a key role within the Company, working closely with staff at all levels, to ensure day-to-day and behind-the-scenes details are handled smoothly, supporting Three Stone Hearth’s mission and goals.
- Supports hiring process in anticipation of open positions and maintains a file of viable candidates for hiring managers.
- Issues and coordinates formal offers of employment and associated documentation requirements.
- Performs formal orientation and all associated onboarding procedures for new staff including policy overview, documentation management, and benefits enrollment and management; also offboards departing employees.
- Maintains policy via online Holacracy operations software GlassFrog, as it relates to the hard-copy handbook and internal standard operation procedures.
- Administers all benefit plans, including, monthly invoice tracking for payment, COBRA administration and the annual open enrollment process.
- Ensures that job roles are accurate and available to all staff.
- Guides the Feedback Process group in regards to administration of timely and thorough employee reviews.
- Ensures job-specific certifications are in line with individual and organizational professional development
- Facilitates and resolves all employee relations concerns, conflict resolution mediation, leaves of absence, disability and worker’s compensation concerns
- Ensures legal compliance with all applicable agencies, including Department of Homeland Security, Social Security Administration, Worker’s Compensation, the Department of Labor, and OSHA
- Administrative responsibility relating to the above responsibilities, such as documentation and filing; Company insurance administration and routes all invoices to Bookkeeper.
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and familiarity with State and Federal labor laws
- 3+ years’ experience performing each of the job responsibilities outlined above
- Advanced degree in human resources or organizational development
- Able to work independently and maintain sensitive information
- PC literacy to include Microsoft Office applications, Google suites and exposure to an HRIS
- Must possess strong organizational, efficiency and detail-oriented skill sets
- Professional presentation, communication and demeanor
this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $20.00 - $25.00
Three Stone Hearth, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.