Farm manager Winslows Home & Farm
- Date Posted October 08, 2018
- Location Augusta, MO
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Full-Time
www.winslowsfarm.com Job Description Winslows Farm is looking for an experienced farmer / couple to live on and oversee operations for established seasonal produce, flowers eggs and herb production beginning the 2019 growing season. Successful candidate should be self motivated, educated in small acre farming that utilizes organic and biological pest and soil methods. A college degree in related field or proven track record and references are required with 5+ years practical experience overseeing a small acre farm. Other key skills are computer literate with the ability to control costs and manage people. Advancement opportunities are available.
Farm manager is oversees:
- The farm is 300 acres. A mix of forest, fields, grazing pastures a lake and streams. The growing field is 5 acre fenced parcel irrigated with well water and an additional 7 acres is fenced for grazing livestock and where 2 mobile chicken tractors house 100+ laying hens. The Original farmhouse is the farm managers living quarters, located within site of growing field, but private.
- Other buildings include barn, machine shed converted, catering kitchen, restrooms, and a state the art greenhouse.
- hiring and day to day operations
- budgeting and cost control
- record keeping
- planting plan
- seed starting
- growing field
- irrigation and equipment
- Pest controls
- weed management
- animal care (chicken tractors and egg production)
- beef livestock (15 head grass fed Angus)
- property management includes seasonal brush hogging
- managing subcontractors as required
- machine maintenance
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 12, 2018