- Date Posted October 09, 2018
- Location SAN FRANCISCO, CA
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Hi, we’re Chewse! We believe offices everywhere should be places of togetherness, places to bring your authentic self, places to truly connect with your peers over something meaningful. We see food as a powerful medium to share our love and community with businesses everywhere.
We’re a tight knit group that’s hungry to shake up the corporate food ordering market and we’re growing our team to take Chewse to the next level.
San Francisco (SOMA) based. Series B funded. 50-ish full-time employees.
The Restaurant Acquisition Associate is Chewse’s eyes and ears in the restaurant industry, building relationships and establishing partnerships with top quality restaurants and caterers across all Chewse markets. As the gatekeeper and curator of the meals we send to thousands of diners every day, your job is to introduce new restaurants and their menus to the platform. We’re looking for someone with a strong foundation of restaurant industry insight, a proven track record of establishing long-lasting partnerships and is a pro at building and scaling business development process.WHAT’S THE JOB, REALLY?
- Full Cycle Sales: Maintain a healthy pipeline of restaurant leads, constantly refining your pitch on the value of a Chewse partnership, while qualifying and closing prospective partners around market goals and alignment with our food quality and operational standards.
- Assortment Planning: Collaborate with cross functional teams to establish supply needs across Chewse’s markets using data analysis and qualitative research.
- Grow Variety in Existing Markets: Bring on new partnerships in Chewse’s existing markets, ensuring a steady stream of exciting, high quality restaurants to keep our customers engaged and our supply refreshed.
- Support Market Expansion: Collaborate with Launch Teams to quickly scale our supply in new markets, building partnerships that set the market up for early success.
- Develop Delicious Menus: Collaborate with the restaurants you bring on to build their Chewse menus, ensuring viability on our platform and negotiating mutually profitable pricing.
- Seal The Deal: Collect new partners’ menu and operational information and work with team members to get their account up on our platform. This includes overseeing copywriting, photography and data entry.
- Build Process: We’re a startup, after all! Refine our restaurant acquisition process and tooling alongside your team to ensure scalability and improvement as we grow.
- Deep knowledge of Bay Area and Los Angeles restaurant landscapes, and a passion for keeping up to speed with the ever-evolving industry.
- Advanced understanding of restaurant industry and restaurant economics, including experience with margins and menu costing.
- Past experience working with restaurant owners and chefs.
- Experience with full cycle sales, managing your funnel from cold leads to closed deals while meeting aggressive sales goals.
- Comfort and skill navigating high stakes negotiations.
- Past experience with menu development.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Flexibility to travel to Chewse’s new and existing markets regularly to meet with and vet prospective partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intuition to establish a friendly rapport with restaurant owners, setting the tone for strong long term partnerships.
- Project management or contractor management experience is preferred.
- The ability to open doors early in the process from established industry contacts is preferred.
- Ability to make data driven decisions, and fluency navigating and writing formulas in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Nice to haves: Past startup experience, experience with Salesforce, project management experience, and bilingual, particularly Spanish-speaking.
- Intellectual curiosity, exceptional integrity, and fearless introspection strictly required.
- Belief in the Chewse mission to help people bring their hearts to work.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse Catered Meals 3x a week and stock the office with healthy snacks.
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have monthly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline