- Date Posted October 09, 2018
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Full-Time
More information: http://farmscapegardens.com/ Job Description Farmscape is seeking FT urban farmers for the East Bay and SF.
- Make weekly visits to projects the farmer independently manages
- Work with lead farmer on team projects
- Manage all aspects of annual vegetable cultivation from planning and planting plots to leaving a harvest on each member’s doorstep
- Keep detailed records during weekly visits
- Maintain good relationships with members, both in-person and via phone/email
- Adhere to Farmscape best practices in managing farms
- Communicate promptly with supervisor regarding supply needs and unexpected garden issues
- Assist in installations.
- Willing to drive to all regional projects.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Represent Farmscape in a friendly and professional manner
- Extensive experience with annual vegetable cultivation required; related education in horticulture, crop science, etc. a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt to Farmscape best practices
- Friendly and clear communicator
- Organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, tenacity and strong work ethic are required.
- Valid driver’s license and a working vehicle required
$16-20/hr Commensurate with experience plus mileage and partial phone reimbursements. Benefits include paid vacation, 401k, sick leave, and health care Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $16.00 - $20.00 How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineOctober 31, 2018