- Date Posted October 09, 2018
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Full-Time
More information: http://farmscapegardens.com/ Job Description Farmscape is seeking FT urban farmers for the East Bay and SF.
- Make weekly visits to projects the farmer independently manages
- Work with lead farmer on team projects
- Manage all aspects of annual vegetable cultivation from planning and planting plots to leaving a harvest on each member’s doorstep
- Keep detailed records during weekly visits
- Maintain good relationships with members, both in-person and via phone/email
- Adhere to Farmscape best practices in managing farms
- Communicate promptly with supervisor regarding supply needs and unexpected garden issues
- Assist in installations.
- Willing to drive to all regional projects.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Represent Farmscape in a friendly and professional manner
- Extensive experience with annual vegetable cultivation required; related education in horticulture, crop science, etc. a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt to Farmscape best practices
- Friendly and clear communicator
- Organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, tenacity and strong work ethic are required.
- Valid driver’s license and a working vehicle required
$16-20/hr Commensurate with experience plus mileage and partial phone reimbursements. Benefits include paid vacation, 401k, sick leave, and health care Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $16.00 - $20.00 How to apply