COMMUNITY MANAGER MESS HALL
- Date Posted October 09, 2018
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Mess Hall is a unique Culinary Incubator that offers independent food entrepreneurs shared commercial kitchen, storage and office space in a new facility designed to foster growth through a membership model, while creating a vibrant and diverse local food community. Mess Hall is shared by Members who come together to cook and collaborate under one roof. Our facility also houses premium event space with a demonstration kitchen. We provide exclusive resources, support, and innovative programs to help pave a path to success for our Members.
We are located near the historic Brookland section of Washington, DC. Mess Hall has received much press recognition and national accolades. We are recent recipients of the 2015 Mayor’s Sustainability Award for our greening practices, recognized as one of the Top Business Accelerators in the nation by the US Small Business Administration, and recognized with a Top Innovators award by the Washington Business Journal in 2016.
Sales and Marketing – Washington DC
- Community Manager -
Mess Hall is looking for…
A bright, motivated, and energetic candidate to become our Community Manager. This is a robust position with endless possibilities, lots of responsibilities, and the chance to leave a lasting mark on Mess Hall, its member companies, and the food community in DC. His/her main responsibilities will be to grow our Membership base, support our member companies, manage our offerings (our culture and space), and attract new partners to our collective. This senior management position answers directly to the Founder and requires the extreme dedication, flexibility, and tolerance for the day-to-day adventures that accompany the startup landscape.
Our ideal candidate is a well-connected urbanite who is highly responsible for helping increase business sales for Mess Hall, AND is also impactful in generating marketing opportunities for our Member base. S/he is also critically involved in creating/strengthening brand partnerships, and promoting events that support customer acquisition. This includes utilizing the candidate’s proficiency in creating social and traditional media content/campaigns in conjunction with a strong professional network.
As part a small business, the Community Manager will wear many hats. Responsibilities will include, but are in NO WAY limited to:
- Recruit new Members and renew existing Members to meet quarterly quotas.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all current Members and prospective Members. In short, you are often the first face of Mess Hall.
- Provide fantastic customer service and sharp public relations skills, but balance with a certain firmness necessary to protect the house.
- Continually develop and expand the Mess Hall brand internally and externally with the goal of making all Members proud of their membership.
- Give tours, manage and conduct new Member orientations/onboarding as part of the Mess Hall customer acquisition process/strategy.
- Manage the collection and storage of Members’ documents including but not limited to DOH, Business Licenses, Certificates of Insurance, etc.
- Manage invoicing and light accounting tasks associated with applying payments to invoices.
Programs and Partnerships:
- Continually improve and introduce new programs and partnerships for members and the larger entrepreneurial community.
- Serve as the main information conduit for members - including everything from weekly member update emails, to updates on policies/ procedures/operations, to event announcements and promotions.
- Serve as the voice of Mess Hall to the public - including managing the social media calendar/ posting regularly to social media channels and other content marketing efforts as needed. This includes writing Press Releases, social media content, newsletters, communications materials, and material for campaign.
- Brand ambassador- Designing, planning events, and being the on-site coordinator at community events to garner new customers.
- Work towards systemization to make the Mess Hall more efficient and effective.
- Manage sales and marketing efforts to insure the Mess Hall operates at or near full member capacity.
- Candidates that have past experience in commercial kitchens and are handy in making minor repairs are also plusses.
- Miscellaneous projects, and administrative tasks.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experiences.
- Minimum of 2 years B2B sales experience and/or maintaining a client base.
- The ideal candidate is actively part of the DC community and enjoys networking and meeting new people.
- S/he is personable, compassionate and creative with a passion for food/cooking, and small business/startups.
- EXTREME eye for detail and an unparalleled desire to do awesome things and do them very well. Accuracy is paramount.
- S/he is a self-starter who is highly organized, with the ability to multitask. The candidate must be able to create a project and/or task list and execute on each idea logically.
- Has experience building networks and community relationships with a diverse array of partners.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient in Excel, a social media guru, and handy with mobile technology. If you are a good photographer, even better!
- MUST be available to work some nights and weekends.
- Bonus if s/he has background experience in shared workspaces.
- Clean driving record. Having a car is another bonus.
The salary is highly competitive, based on skill level with potential for bonus. As a full time employee, you'll also receive a benefits package including health insurance, accrued vacation time, sick leave, SmarTrip match, and 401(k) plan with employer contribution.
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $42,000.00 - $60,000.00 Application instructions