Meat & Seafood Replenishment Analyst Foodkick by Freshdirect
- Date Posted October 10, 2018
- Location Bronx, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more.
Foodkick, a sister brand to Freshdirect, launched in October of 2016, and delivers the highest-quality fresh food, prepared foods, and booze to customers in Brooklyn and Manhattan within as little as an hour.
Position Summary: Fresh Replenishment Analysts are responsible for sourcing and keeping us in-stock on the best fresh food – produce, meat, seafood, deli, and/or fine cheese – as well as originating new ideas and relationships that will keep shoppers coming back.
We are a small, close-knit team that is working hard to make great food easier to get on a moment's notice. This job will work across 3 locations in Mott Haven (The Bronx), NY; East Williamsburg, NY; and Manhattan.
Above all, the right candidate will be someone who:
1) Has a passion for food and is interested in learning A LOT about the fresh food business
2) Makes friends quickly and easily
3) Learns new systems just as quickly
4) Has tenacious follow-up and can keep track of a lot of things
5) Understands food and seasonality
If you are a go-getter who loves food and wants to change the way New Yorkers buy food, we'd love to hear from you!
• Set-up new items and maintain settings so they can purchased quickly and easily
• Monitor settings to ensure optimal fulfillment
• Seek out new and exciting products and create and negotiate price bids.
• Monitor and adjust selling prices based on overstocks, vendor specials, cost changes
• Communicate to internal customers on order status and ensure proper approval for all orders
• Adjust order volumes based on buy-in opportunities, vendor stock issues, seasonal fluctuations
• Validate vendor invoices to ensure correct purchasing price
• Follow up with vendors on product deliveries, out of stock issues, pricing issues
• Confirm products are received timely and accurately
• Create and modify purchase orders and stock transfer orders
• Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Consults with Team leader on unique situations which do not have clear precedents.
• No supervisory responsibility but is responsible for managing a specific function
• One (1) year of experience in food or e-commerce
• Experienced with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint – VBA a plus)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with inventory management systems or a demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Enjoys operating in a fast-paced, team environment under time constraints