Catering Chef de Cuisine Cleaver Co
- Date Posted October 11, 2018
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Cleaver Co is New York City's preeminent green caterer. We offer complete event planning services and produce a wide range of private, corporate and non-profit events.
We know every event is unique and that catering is performance art. Our talented chefs and expert party planners work with you to create a personalized menu and setting that reflect your tastes and sensibility. Our seasoned captains and wait staff see to every detail so your event progresses seamlessly - leaving you free to relax and enjoy your guests.
With 40 years of experience, our core belief remains: food must delight the palate, please the eye and satisfy the conscience.
Our fast casual dining concept, Cleaver Counter is a charming organic eatery, located in Chelsea Market. The daily menu reflects what’s freshest at local farms and greenmarkets and our wine and beer list is composed of sustainable, organic and biodynamic offerings.
We're also proud to operate Table Green and Table Green Café in one of New York City’s most beautiful parks in partnership with The Battery Conservancy.
Table Green features local beer and wine on tap, grilled sandwiches, harvest salads and snacks. Table Green Café offers Brooklyn Roasting Crop-to-Cup coffee and espresso, ready to eat sandwiches, handmade pastries and cookies and much more.Job description Cleaver Co, New York's premier green caterer, seeks an experienced Chef de Cuisine. This is an integral role in a fast-paced environment, overseeing the production of high-quality food for events large and small.
Cleaver Co is a full service event planning and catering company committed to supporting and fostering a healthy, sustainable food supply. We source our food with great thought from local family farms and fisheries exercising humane and environmentally friendly practices.
This role will:
• Work directly with the Executive Chef to maintain flow of all kitchen prep work
• Serve as the primary prep chef for all events
• Work with Executive Chef to set daily prep schedules
• Organize, pack and dispatch parties daily
• Inform management of equipment needs necessary to increase efficiency
• Assist with the selection, training, and guiding of catering prep staff
• At least five (5) years of culinary experience, including in the catering field
• Strong culinary skills
• Knowledge of off-site catering events
• Experience with a variety of cuisines and cooking styles
• Experience with farm-to-table or sustainable dining a plus
• Strong written and spoken English Language skills, Spanish language ability preferred
• A valid Driver's License strongly preferred
• Detail-oriented, self-starter who is able to work as part of a team as well as take initiative
• Flexibility with early morning, weekend shifts
• Ability to lift up 50 pounds
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions