Sous Chef Vicious Fishes Taproom & Kitchen
- Date Posted October 11, 2018
- Location Fuquay Varina, NC
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
We are a Gastro pub with cuisine borne from our wood fired grill, paying homage to bar food from around the world, viewed through a Southern lens. Our plates are meant for sharing, with recommendations for pairing to our craft beer, wine and seasonal cocktail menus.Job Description
Vicious Fishes Taproom & Kitchen is looking for an enthusiastic sous chef to assist the Executive Chef in all kitchen related tasks. The Ideal candidate cares about the food we source, being creative without being pretentious, is a good teacher and mentor who wants to train those under them the right way not the easy way.
You'll be working closely with our Executive Chef in creating menu items as well as training FOH on all food related matters. The Culinary team will also work in collaboration with the Brewing team to help guide new beers and pairings.
We are looking for someone who wants a creative outlet while maintain high culinary standards. Someone who stops at the market on the way to work to get inspired, or who brings in a new cookbook for their line cooks to study and learn.
- Maintain Standards Chefs have established in kitchen, food and professionalism.
- Contribute to the sourcing and procurement of food items
- Help in the staffing and interviewing of potential line cooks, dishwashers and expediters
- Contribute to and drive an ever evolving menu based our our concept above
- Maintain order lists and par in conjunction with chef
- Food safety in kitchen
- Food cost control
Required Work Experience:
- 2+ years working as a Sous Chef or higher in a creative restaurant.
- Culinary School not required but must have worked in industry for 5+ years
- Computer literate, order sheets, recipe writing, email communication a must
- Serv Safe certified
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline