Commissary Cook Kimberton Whole Foods
- Date Posted October 11, 2018
- Location Downingtown, PA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Our mission is to serve as a community market with a passionate commitment to integrity, sustainable agriculture, and fair trade.
In 1986 Terry and Pat Brett were running a farm store in Chester County, Pennsylvania, selling organic yogurt made on-site at a biodynamic dairy farm now known as Seven Stars Farm. In the following years they have grown that store into a group of natural grocery stores that actively reflect their commitment to local farming and the prioritization of organic and fair food. Kimberton Whole Foods is now a multi-generational family business and continues to grow while maintaining a commitment to integrity and sustainability in agriculture. True friends of the farmer, KWF is regularly honored for our ethical business leadership and meaningful contribution to regional sustainable agriculture.
Currently offering Full Time 40 hours a week and Part-Time position at 25 hours/week.
The essentials of this position are food preparation and packaging of high volume organic scratch recipes to be sold in our 6 locations. This includes the following:
- Package, price, label and assemble prepared foods.
- Fulfill store orders and make ready for delivery.
- Use of necessary equipment, ie. Robot Coupe, Meat Slicer, etc.
- No experience necessary, but kitchen production experience is preferable.
Hours: Full-time nonexempt status with flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts as necessary. Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 40 lbs, and be able to juggle multiple priorities during busy times in the commissary.
- Must be self‐motivated, solution‐oriented and love people.
- An eye for detail.
- Able to work well with others and convey enthusiasm.
- Love and knowledge of natural foods.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Ability to have excellent knife skills, knowledge of safety requirements and positive attitude.
Compensation this position is : hourly, under $15/hr Application instructions