Catering Sous Chef Ox Verte
- Date Posted October 12, 2018
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Ox Verte is a plant-forward food company working to reinvent office lunch and breakfast. At Ox Verte, we want to make seasonally-fresh, locally-sourced food an everyday occurrence, and offer wholesome meals that can nourish our bodies and nurture our communities.
The Company was founded in Feb. 2015 and serves groups sizes 10 - 1000 in Manhattan. Ox Verte is also a Certified B Corporation, a leader in the global movement to use business as a force for good. Read about us in Edible Manhattan or check out our Instagram.Job Description
Ox Verte is looking for a SOUS CHEF. The general responsibilities include:
- Responsible for executing all catering orders on a daily basis
- Thorough knowledge of all Ox Verte recipes and processes
- Manage a team of 3 - 5 cooks and dishwasher and ensure consistency and quality are maintained
- Teach and motivate the staff; give feedback to management as needed regarding progress of all employees.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
- Prevent waste of food and cleaning materials
- In charge of scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating, and hiring for all BOH staff
- Hours will be Monday - Friday from 5 AM - 2PM
- At least 1 year managing a team of cooks in a restaurant
- Hyper organized with extreme attention to detail
- Sit, walk, and stand continuously.
- Lift/carry 25 lbs (frequently) and 50 lbs (occasionally)
- Passion for health and plant-forward eating a plus
- This will be a salaried position, starting at $45,000 plus an annual performance bonus
- Paid time off and other company benefits apply
- Significant room for upward growth