- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Sous Chef Family Reunion
- Date Posted October 12, 2018
- Location Massapequa, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
50-seat casual, full-service, all from scratch, farm to table, neighborhood restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner to open 2nd location.Job description
- Oversee kitchen operations including production, cooking, inventory, quality control, equipment and sanitation. Lead and cook by example and provide guidance.
- Coordinate hiring and training activities for kitchen and back of house employees and manage performance.
- Adhere to company recipes, portion specifications and standard preparation procedures and ensure cooks are following standards.
- Manage ordering, invoice tracking, prep and cook schedules, food cost, labor cost, and inventory control. Prepare weekly operational reports.
- Closed holidays. 40-50 hours a week.
- 3+ years’ experience in a la-carte, managing kitchen operations and positively directing a small teams’ behavior and performance.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler required.
- Understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Base Salary $40 - 42K, + commissions, + profit sharing, vacation.Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $40,000.00 - $42,000.00 Application instructions