Entry-Level Coordinator RVD Communications
- Date Posted October 17, 2018
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Media
- Job Type Full-Time
RVD Communications is a boutique hospitality PR, social media, and strategic marketing firm based in Brooklyn. We're creative, clever, well-connected and scrappy, with close ties to the media elite in the United States and abroad. We never follow a playbook and treat each project as its own unique challenge – as a result of our strategic and nimble approach, our partners are able to forge intimate, lasting connections with the top journalists, social media influencers and tastemakers in their fields and beyond.
“Well done is better than well said.”
RVD clients include; Black Seed Bagels, Toby’s Estate Coffee Roasters, The Williamsburg Hotel, Buffy, Boqueria, Castell, Cider in Love, Elmhurst Milked, Left Bank, Poulet Sans Tete, Little Tong Noodle Shop, Bar Moga, SakaMai, La Cafette, Dekalb Market Hall, Otto's Tacos, Glaze Teriyaki, Honeygrow/Minigrow, Dessert Goals, Dame, Le Wand, Mystery Vibe, Pura Vida Bracelets and more.
We have seventeen full-time employees.Job Description
RVD Communications is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, intelligent and resourceful human to join our entry level coordinator program.
Perfect for recent college graduates and/or folks looking to break into the industry, this position provides a great balance of pitch writing, research, admin work, content development, and event support. Many of our past coordinators have gone on to successful, full-time careers at RVD – in fact, the majority of our support staff were trained via this program.
RVD employees are curious and self-motivated and have an insatiable desire to do great work. We have a bias towards action and crave self- and company-improvement. We’re always looking for more compelling ways to champion our clients through creative campaigns with media, influencers, and like-minded brands. Our performance isn’t quantified by the number of hours spent, but by value-driven results.
Applicants must share a passion for the industry, ideally the restaurant, spirits, wine, lifestyle and/or wellness spheres. Candidates will work closely with our entire team and will report directly to our team of account executives.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A quick and creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A strong writer with excellent communication skills; responsive on email
- A team player who also thrives working independently; is willing to make decisions and take calculated risks
- Solution-oriented and always looking for the next step
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Self-aware and understands their learning style
- Eager to build and strengthen media, influencer, and partner relationships
- Passionate about client service; enjoys making people feel heard and taken care of
- Timely and reliable
- Has a desire to grow and climb the ladder within the company (we love internal promotions!)
- Loves what they do!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of PR/communications, including media monitoring, press clipping, and pitching support
- Assist with all aspects of social media, including creating content calendars, posting, supporting photo shoots, and more
- Participate in the organization and execution of tasting events and food festivals
- Participate in the organization and execution of client photo shoots
- Meet deadlines and attend meetings/events in a timely manner
- Create drafts of meeting agendas and recaps
- Stay up to date on industry trends
- Coordinate gifting programs to magazine editors, bloggers, celebrities and influencers
- Draft creative pitches for clients
- Maintain workload organization — checks calendar, Asana, and to-do lists on a daily basis
- Has strong prioritization skills - ideally 70% of the workload is spent on supporting specific client accounts, while the other 30% of the workload is acting as float support for the agency
- Serve as a valuable and reliable support system for the account team
- Manage dynamic research projects and trend spotting
- Assist in operations of the office
- Lives in the NYC area
- Able to provide a laptop
- Able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week for the duration of the program (typically 3 months)
- Has experience with 1-2 internships in the PR/social media field (preferred, not required)
Perks and Benefits:
- Great introduction to and experience in media field in NYC
- Flexible summer Friday and holiday schedules
- Pet-friendly office
- Monthly mentor meetings and management check-ins to keep you on track — one-on-one guidance and support by working professionals in the PR and social media industry
- Complimentary coffee, tea + beer on tap at the office
- A supportive, dynamic and fun-loving team
- Access to some of the city’s best restaurants
- Frequent team meals, celebrations, and outings
- Positive reference and opportunities for continued work upon successful completion of the program. We hope to hire someone full-time once the program is complete!