Marketing & Development Manager Grow Dat Youth Farm
- Date Posted October 17, 2018
- Location New Orleans, LA
- Category Media / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
GROW DAT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, LGBT AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.
Who We Are:
The mission of Grow Dat Youth Farm is to nurture a diverse group of young leaders through the meaningful work of growing food. At Grow Dat, people from different backgrounds come together to create a more just and sustainable food system. On our farm we work collaboratively to grow food, educate and inspire youth and adults, and build power to create personal, social, and environmental change.Job Description
The Marketing and Development Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and management of all Grow Dat marketing and communications materials and donor cultivation events at Grow Dat Youth Farm. This role is a critical asset to development and assists with grant writing, individual donor cultivation, and corporate sponsorships.
The Marketing and Development Manager is part of the Leadership Team. In this role, the Marketing and Development Manager has significant authority over the messaging and content creation at Grow Dat Youth Farm. This position will supervise the Communications and Events Coordinator on all externally facing events including farm dinners, donor cultivation events, and the annual Grow Dat Hootenanny, all communication management including organizational narratives, donor communication, web content, social media content, and email content, and general operating needs of the organization.
The Marketing and Development Manager will report to the Assistant Director (AD) and will work with the AD to execute the annual development plan through donor cultivation and stewardship, and foundation and corporate relations.
- Awareness and understanding of historical racism and modern oppression, and its current manifestation in New Orleans
- Prior supervisory responsibility for a diverse team
- Budget planning and management experience
- Track record of fundraising success, including experience with grant writing, individual donor cultivation, and corporate sponsorships
- Experience developing, managing and executing mission-aligned communications projects and marketing in a non-profit environment
- Experience developing, managing, and executing social enterprise or business marketing communication projects
- Familiarity with donor CRMs (Grow Dat uses Bloomerang), peer-to-peer fundraising platforms, email marketing tools, and website content platforms
- Exceptional communications skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Attention to detail
- A keen eye and positive spirit
Areas of Responsibility
Marketing and Communications
- Responsible for all strategy and management of the annual marketing calendar, including social media, website, listservs, and printed donor communication.
- Responsible for earned media and securing media partnerships and sponsorships through relationship development and press releases.
- Responsible for the strategy, content and execution of the Annual Report
- Works with the AD/ED on donor strategy for Farm Dinners and Hootenanny
- Responsible for working with AD/ED to manage Growing the Green, Grow Dat’s annual peer to peer fundraising campaign
- Responsible for communication with program staff/participants to ensure reflective and inclusive marketing materials
- Delivers surveys and solicits feedback in a timely and purposeful manor.
- Responsible for strategy and concept development for Grow Dat Farm Dinners including ticket sales, some funding strategy, and strategic partnerships
- Responsible for strategy and concept development for Hootenanny including ticket sales, some funding strategy, and strategic partnerships, and leading the Hootenanny Committee
- Responsible for event budget management
- Responsible for ensuring that all event participation is correctly reflected in Grow Dat’s CRM
- Responsible for aligning the annual development plan with the marketing plan and editorial calendar
- Works with AD/ED on individual donor cultivation and stewardship through events, communications, solicitation meetings, and board fundraising
- Responsible for some grant writing and reporting
- Manages CRM, including updating donor records, retrieving and analyzing reports, and importing data
Supervision and Management
- The Marketing and Development Manager manages the Communications and Events Coordinator and is responsible for participating in high level decision making at the organization.
Success Looks Like
- The creation, maintenance, and execution of a development-focused annual marketing plan
- Recruiting a team of fundraisers for Grow Dat’s annual Growing the Green campaign, and exceeding revenue goals by creating inspirational content and delivering it through the right channels
- Securing corporate sponsors for Grow Dat’s annual Hootenanny fundraiser and supporting the board Hootenanny committee to recruit restaurant partners and event patrons
- Acting as an ambassador for Grow Dat by representing our values and impact through excellent and inspirational written, visual, and verbal communication
SALARY RANGE: 45K-55K based on experience
Submissions before October 20th preferredCompensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline