Operations Coordinator Consider Bardwell Farm
- Date Posted October 29, 2018
- Location West Pawlet, VT
- Category Business / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
Consider Bardwell Farm is a small but nationally acclaimed, award-winning producer of raw milk cow and goat cheeses, located in a rural region in Southwestern Vermont. Our farming practices are traditional, but our production facility operates under strict FSMA-compliant guidelines that require tight logistics and cooperation from all staff.Job Description
We’re looking for a systems-minded individual to learn how we track, grade, select and ship product, to learn the requirements and limitations of this process, and develop creative solutions that make us more organized and efficient. We need a proactive individual who can take a sense of ownership over their role, combining a fresh set of eyes with a respect for learning how the whole business works. We want someone who knows their responsibilities while always seeing how to help the rest of the team.
We see this person growing into a full-time Operations Manager, taking on inside-sales support, local sales support, quality assurance, and pitching projects of their own. Applicants should be passionate about food and sustainable agriculture, and eager to learn more about how a cheesemaking business runs, as there is a lot of room to grow within our nimble, but dynamic operation.
This role reports to the Creamery Director, but will also work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing, as well as the Food Safety Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base
- Process purchase orders and sample requests from wholesale team and greenmarket on a weekly basis
- Assign batches by purchase order, with consideration for lead time, consistency and quality
- Wrap, weigh and box all cheese for all orders
- Organize orders by shipping method, print needed shipping labels
- Communicate with freight partners to confirm pickup, and manage BOLs accordingly.
- Build pallets and see that all product leaves and is in order
- Generate and send invoices for all orders in a timely fashion
- Track employee usage log for storage cooler and work space
- Track and maintain stock levels of all needed packaging dry goods
- Maintain up to date logistical specifications per cheese by case and pallet
- Maintain and reconcile product inventory with weekly cooler counts
- Adjust inventory to account for changes due to loss and testing
- Communicate with creamery to record quality notes, and communicate shortages/changes to sales team
- Daily communication with Director of Sales, Sales Manager and Creamery Director
Other job requirements:
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Participate in weekly cheese tastings
- Assist with cheesemaking, cleaning and cave duties as needed.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- College education preferred.
- Experience in operations, logistics or warehouse management desired.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks:
- Be familiar with and able to interpret sales orders
- Enter data and maintain records for traceability
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and food handling protocol.
- Experience with UPS/FEDEX online software
- Strong mathematics and computer skills required. Knowledge of Excel/Sheets, and experience with ERP/inventory systems strongly preferred.
- Flexibility in daily tasks and scheduling
- Clear understanding of customer service
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and strong attention to detail required
- Passionate about working in a small group setting
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- General Safety
- Quality System Awareness
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Regularly required to stand, bend, reach and move about the facility
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Non slip shoes
- No jewelry
- No cosmetics or perfume
- Uniform, lab coat, boots/non slip shoes are provided.
- Work performed in a combination of warehouse, packaging and office environments
- Exposed to shop elements such as moisture and cold.
Consider Bardwell Farm is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline