Food Retail Manager Mandela Partners
- Date Posted November 01, 2018
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Mandela Partners is looking for a Food Retail Manager to manage and oversee 2 innovative food projects:
Core Kitchen, Oakland: serves as a venue for retail sales, catering, and processing in downtown Oakland. The retail operation is open M-F, with a menu centered on healthy, sustainably grown produce sourced from local, socially-disadvantaged growers. Additionally, the kitchen provides workforce development opportunities to formerly incarcerated community members.
Ashland Market & Cafe, San Leandro: is set to open Early 2019 in San Leandro and will feature 3 food kiosks and 1 anchor cafe. The 2,100 sq. ft. space serves as part of an effort to revitalize the unincorporated areas of Alameda County and provides retail space to support limited-resource entrepreneurs.
The Retail Food Manager will oversee Mandela’s new food retail projects, including day to day operations, staff & vendor relationships, sales channels management & growth, space oversight, and marketing initiatives. The right candidate is passionate about local food, community entrepreneurship, and workforce development, and is seeking to join a dynamic organization driving equitable food-oriented development.
JOB DUTIES: CORE KITCHEN
- Onboarding, training, and staff growth opportunities
- Regular performance feedback, check-ins, staff meeting, and evaluations
- Filling in - in case of staff absence
- Catering orders and logistics management
- Client relationship management and pipeline development
- Recipe / menu development
- Procurement & inventory management
- Point of sales, cash, and deposits
- payroll & billing
- Space maintenance
Programming & Marketing
- In store collateral & social media management
JOB DUTIES: ASHLAND MARKET & CAFE
- Vendor permitting & documentation administration
- Vendor relations: meetings, space & equipment use, food safety, and quality assurance
- Entrepreneurship development needs liaison
- On-call site staff
- Guidelines development, space management, and janitorial oversight
- Equipment maintenance
- Utilities management
Programming & Marketing
- Dynamic space programming: pop-ups, art partnerships, events, etc
- Social media management
- Highly organized, independent, operations oriented
- Kitchen experience, required; menu and recipe development experience, ideal
- Experience in, or interest to learn, how to manage and develop catering operations
- Ability to engage with a diverse array of stakeholders, facilitate learning opportunities, and communicate in a direct, respectful, and positive manner
- Commitment to support under-resourced entrepreneurs and people with employment barriers
- A passionate commitment to the mission of Mandela Partners
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Flexible schedule - job requires presence at two sites (Oakland & San Leandro) with job duties including early mornings and weekends.
FTE, salary commensurate with experience. Includes health, dental, vision, life benefits after 60-day introductory period, and 401k option after 6 months of employment.
Mandela Partners is an equal opportunity employer: LGBTQ, people of color, women and lifelong Bay Area residents are encouraged to apply.