Food Retail Manager Mandela Partners
- Date Posted November 01, 2018
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Mandela Partners is looking for a Food Retail Manager to manage and oversee 2 innovative food projects:
Core Kitchen, Oakland: serves as a venue for retail sales, catering, and processing in downtown Oakland. The retail operation is open M-F, with a menu centered on healthy, sustainably grown produce sourced from local, socially-disadvantaged growers. Additionally, the kitchen provides workforce development opportunities to formerly incarcerated community members.
Ashland Market & Cafe, San Leandro: is set to open Early 2019 in San Leandro and will feature 3 food kiosks and 1 anchor cafe. The 2,100 sq. ft. space serves as part of an effort to revitalize the unincorporated areas of Alameda County and provides retail space to support limited-resource entrepreneurs.
The Retail Food Manager will oversee Mandela’s new food retail projects, including day to day operations, staff & vendor relationships, sales channels management & growth, space oversight, local programming, and marketing initiatives. The right candidate is passionate about local food, community entrepreneurship, and workforce development, and is seeking to join a dynamic organization driving equitable food-oriented development.
JOB DUTIES: CORE KITCHEN
- Onboarding, training, and staff growth opportunities
- Regular performance feedback, check-ins, staff meeting, and evaluations
- Filling in - in case of staff absence
- Catering orders and logistics management
- Client relationship management and pipeline development
- Recipe / menu development
- Procurement & inventory management
- Point of sales, cash, and deposits
- payroll & billing
- Space maintenance
Programming & Marketing
- In store collateral & social media management
JOB DUTIES: ASHLAND MARKET & CAFE
- Vendor permitting & documentation administration
- Vendor relations: meetings, space & equipment use, food safety, and quality assurance
- Entrepreneurship development needs liaison
- On-call site staff
- Guidelines development, space management, and janitorial oversight
- Equipment maintenance
- Utilities management
Programming & Marketing
- Dynamic space programming: pop-ups, art partnerships, events, etc
- Social media management
- Highly organized, independent, operations oriented
- Kitchen experience, required; menu and recipe development experience, ideal
- Experience in, or interest to learn, how to manage and develop catering operations
- Ability to engage with a diverse array of stakeholders, facilitate learning opportunities, and communicate in a direct, respectful, and positive manner
- Commitment to support under-resourced entrepreneurs and people with employment barriers
- A passionate commitment to the mission of Mandela Partners
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Flexible schedule - job requires presence at two sites (Oakland & San Leandro) with job duties including early mornings and weekends.
FTE, salary commensurate with experience. Includes health, dental, vision, life benefits after 60-day introductory period, and 401k option after 6 months of employment.
Mandela Partners is an equal opportunity employer: LGBTQ, people of color, women and lifelong Bay Area residents are encouraged to apply.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 12, 2018