Field Marketing Associate – Culinary Musco Food
- Date Posted November 01, 2018
- Location Maspeth, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Musco Food is a specialty food importer and distributor based in Maspeth, NY. Founded in 1926, we are a family-owned and family-run company servicing retailers, delis, restaurants and distributors on the East Coast. The Musco Food product portfolio contains more than 1,600 products (https://bit.ly/MuscoCatalog), ranging from charcuterie and cheese to olive oil and seafood.
Though 92 years-old, Musco Food is a dynamic company undergoing exciting transformations – new branding and website rolling out in January! Come be part of the change.
Are you a motivated culinary professional looking to step out of the kitchen? Are you often described as a people’s person, ready to chat up a stranger in front of the cheese case of your favorite store? If so, come and join the Musco Food team.
Musco Food is seeking a highly motivated, passionate culinary professional to build customer loyalty through strategic events, culinary support and education sessions, working closely with the marketing department and field sales team. Focus areas include: 5 boroughs, Long Island, and New Jersey.
- Provide culinary support to retailers through menu development and recipe ideation.
- Develop recipes and collaborate with the company’s Marketing Director to create point of sale and marketing materials.
- Lead culinary trainings for distributor sales teams and retailers – topics can range from basic product knowledge to technical trainings on cheese and charcuterie handling.
- Offer store-level support on cheese and preparation & conditioning.
- Support merchandising efforts by making sure in-store marketing activities are being properly displayed, checking on vendor demos, etc.
- Contribute to the brand in a creative manner throughout networking & social media efforts.
- Effectively leverage consumer promotions with local retailers.
- Collaborate regularly with the field sales team – supporting new placements, promotions, retailer sales calls, and retail marketing programming.
Location: candidate will work out of the office in Maspeth and expect to work in the field a number of days per week, TBD.
Benefits: Medical, 401K, PTO available. Company will provide cell phone, company IPAD or similar device. Company will reimburse for authorized expenses.
- Knowledge of cheese and salumi handling techniques, including proper cheese & meats storage, usage of a deli slicer, sanitation and food safety guidelines.
- Minimum of 2/3 years relevant experience.
- Curious about the world of food, its trends and developments.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized and a self-starter.
- Own an automobile with a clean driver’s license.
- Physical Demands - this position involves regular walking, standing. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching and lifting boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including occasional weekends.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline